Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
11-5 and 11-6 finds

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

victoria brokes ?

Photobucket

poss. broken pipe

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: 11-5 and 11-6 finds

Sandman I assume you screen in milam co sugar sand. What size mesh do you use and do you screen by hand or have a shaker or vibrator mounted to your screen? Any tips on those hard clods during this drought?

Pretty soon your going to have enough " Indian rocks " to build a really great fireplace
Might the 2 points bottom L fall into the same family as the Victorias? Take a look at the BAKER in the $ book too. But either Vic or Baker are way out of range by date and location for the rest of your finds at that area, Basal grinding on the old ones would be good verification. Also consider the Merrill variant of the Frio ( mouse eared ).

If something as delicate & sophisticated as a pipe was being used there, might there be some more fabulous pottery in the near future

Good show

Brent, I do use a shaker with 1/2 mesh wire. the clots are a headache, here lately i started using a piece of 4x4 about 10-12" long.

Hal, the broke point on the right base is smooth, they both came off the top of clay, thinking of changing screen size and digging into clay. that piece of pipe is made of clay, but there is no markings on it, the outside is very smooth. Pottery, now that would be alright!!

nice haul