Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Something or just a rock?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos">

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos>

Does anyone else see a face?

Here is this thing I found. First pic is "as is" the holes go completely thru the rock as I showed with the toothpicks. One person said it was a "whistle rock" any help would be appreciated!

Re: Something or just a rock?

Whatever it is, it's a real attention grabber with the tooth picks ( olive picks ) in place.
Hard to imagine how either a man or mother nature made such a thing. If it was mine, I would soak it in water for a couple days then make carefull cleanout of the hole walls.....manmade has gotta be smooth as a modern
drill out,, If Mom did it, it could /should be rather
rough walled.

As far as the smiley face, I suspect it's as intentional as the smiley on mars.

Does it whistle

holly crap i have one just like it ill post soon

all the holes being straight across seems unique to me, have seen many with curved holes but not that many holes in one rock!! Well, does it whistle?

Mine has clear pecking marks @ the holes

Mine has clear pecking marks @ the holes

I don't see how it would whistle but haven't tried. Snoop let's see it

d on it overnight
Thats gotta be natural ( not the toothpicks.) Most likely roots long gone or critter tunnels. The overall exterior shows zero indication of any man made modification that would warent the tedious job of making holes for something decorative.

If you dug that out of the camp area it was probably brought home to show Mom..I wonder what THEY thought of it ?

Hal you are all wrong ! that is not natural . nor is it an indian artifact ! ( its a fossalized WalMart price dot ) see the face

Yep, long gone roots or critter tunnels.

I would put my two cents on stating this is some type of artifact.

If it was found in a campsite it could be and probably is an artifact...........geofacts automatically become artifacts when someone picks them up and uses them for something. If it was strung on a cord and worn as an ornament its an artifact..........if three close friends used it as a pipe and smoked it simultaneously its an artifact................and for sure if it'll whistle.

tonight man for sure!

it' a rock or something the great and all powerful oz has spoaken!!!

Photobucket

i think its a pipe or wieght

Photobucket

YOU WIN SNOOP .....
I vote first place for the year 2011's most original backround ( your top pic ) Certainly better than an old beat up tailgate !

Your find does seem possible for something man made. Certainly a Geofact as defined by Red.

Tks for the input. ( nice choice of razor color too )

I side with artifact if was picked up and used by spearchunkers automatically artifact but would like hold in hand to see holes for my self