Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A few clear forks for Tehuacana and hal

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos">

Re: A few clear forks for Tehuacana and hal

Dang, now I got competition. Am I about to be de-throned as the Clear Fork King? Those are some nice ones. Did you find them in the same area?
I've found them scattered all over the two county area that I hunt but they seem to be more common in just certain camps.

You did good with the pic's too. I have a hard time trying to get a good view of the cutting edge of the CF's in my pic's.

The two tan ones were found in the same area and the white one was found 45 miles and another county. It came from the STARR on my first visit out there. Definately not trying to compete just thought I would post them because I see y'all talking about them all the time. They are the only ones I have found.

Probably won't be the last. I like the competition. That way I don't feel like the Lone Stranger when posting them. Some do have really good workmanship. Not just clunkers, some are real works of art.

This is a timely posting of a woodworking tool
Dr H defines the CF as being used from the Paleo Indian days.......
Redman ( under PROJECTILES) just posted pics of a modern reproduction of the hafting of a Paleo spear
point with the peg & socket method....very close tolerance woodworking tool(s)needed...CF ?

Also, the Perd may be the most common point found in TX but the humble CF must rank among the longest used
implement in TX ( along with the bone smashing 'chopper' )

No fear of King Te being overthrown anytime soon, They are prolific in his part of the kingdom ( and he has been collectng them since he was a very young prince )