Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hello

Hello, new here...great resource and a wealth of information so thank you! Been sort of looking for arrowheads, etc. since I was in my early 20s...never really found anything though. In fact, aside from one broken base, not even sure if any of these should even be considered anything remotely close. Y'all seem very knowledgeable, would you be so kind to let me know if any of these finds can be considered somewhat of an arrowhead/point/tool or are they just plain 'ol rocks?

Photobucket

Re: Hello

Howdy Bones. Good selection of pretty flint.
Every one could be a tool, it's just how much "work"
a human hand may have done on it.
For more finely worked pieces,( like that point base ) if your hunting areas are limited you might try a day at some of the paydigs where ancient campsites are well proven and there is always a better chance of surface finds.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to schedule a dig sometime in the next couple of weeks at Starr with my daughter...looking forward to it!

Thats a good choice for the best chance of finding something of real interest....NOT DIGGING !

Digging is fun but can be pretty brutal to get as deep as required. For a first time visit, my advise is to
plan on mostly surface hunting (but throw all the digging tools in the vehicle ) From your local thrift shop pickup two fiber glass shaft golf clubs..
Cut the heads off in such a way as to leave a small hook.
Thats a professional surfacers " flint flicker "

Fresh batteries for the camera, plenty of Tx hill country wildlife of interest...I've never seen any
there that rattle or hisss but they must be there...lookout for other biters...( fire ants are silent )