Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
11-15 finds

The little nutter stone or fire starter stone is smooth on the bottom side and shows sign of being used as hammerstone!! Again very multi functional tool.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: 11-15 finds

Those are some real nice finds, good quality flint.

Thanks Teh, today was my first try at a new spot, can't wait to get back out there and check it out some more!!

You catch any of that rain out your way? We got an inch, so mabbe I can sneak in some surface hunting before the deer hunters get too thick.

We got close to a inch too. A good rain, thankful for it, and hoping for plenty more. It definetly knocked the dust off the flint!!

Hey Sandman, You got yourself a few really nice points. Congrats man. What county are you in? I live in Wilson, but my last surface find was in Karnes. Lots of sand around those two counties too. The creek I found my last one on, has lots of sand around it, so how do you locate camps where you dig in the sand?

Well Gee Teen, I am digging in milam co., plenty of deep sand, finding the camp can be easy if there is little or no grass growth or if the field has been plowed of course. Now if there is grass or debris (brush trees leaves) big promblem. I just look for flint debris and dig lots of test holes. Sometimes it can be a little heartbreaking, it seems so obvious where i would think a camp maybe and turn out not to be even close.

Here is half of my first solid quartz mano!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

AhHa, another see through mano. neat.
If thats a Darl,it's a big un.
Re the nutter / firestarter...I vote firestarter as it's small enough to easily hold in the hand. Many nutters are on larger more stable stone, even the back of large matates.