Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Any idea what knife this is.

2011-11-23_13-03-21_996 found these today I know the one on the right is a scallorn but not sure about the one on the left any suggestions or input is welcome thanks jayradd.

Re: Any idea what knife this is.

That fine blade appears to have some cortex remaining on the base. There are some knowledgable folks who believe thats an indication of the Angostura type. Overstreet is all over the board with Angosturas in his 9th Edition so I wouldn't pay much attention to his examples.

Quite sure that is a Gem Dandy/Heck of a blade!! Great find, congrats!

All that very fine edgework on the blade is the hallmark of the rare "Fredericksburg Turkey carving " Knife
The Scallorn looks about a #5 birdshot !

Thanks for the replies I'm gonna go with angostura also any guesses on value$$ of a blade like this.

I've got a pick-up truck, you have any idea how much its worth ? Its worth whatever someone will pay for it. Geez !

The blade could be a bi-point knife but the botom point is koncked off but it's still in exc. condition. I had one repaired that was missing 1/4" on the tip & it was about 4.5" long & look's great bow. The small point is a scallorn.

Jayradd
any guesses on value$$ of a blade like this.

Next flint show in January can answer this !