Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Finding some local arrowhead hunters

Hey how is everyone doing? Im looking for others in my area, Eagle Pass/Uvlade, to go arrowhead hunting. I don't have many places to go and most of my finds thus far have been surface finds. I would love the opportunity to link up with some other hunters, find some new places and either dig up some beauties or walk the hills in search of them.

Re: Finding some local arrowhead hunters

You're kinda in my stomping grounds, I'm located in Pearsall. Check out the screen digs on the site. TJ and Nacho have screen digs near Uvalde, Barksdale, Campwood, and Vanderpool. TJ is digging near Comfort right now but is going to open another dig near Barksdale after deer season.

I am very curious about the new TJ site. Hummm

He'd called me a couple of months ago and was going to start, did his test digs, but then had some problems with the guys that leased it for deer season. Seems he was going to dig right in front of one of the blinds. So to keep peace he told the land owner that he'd hold off till after deer season. I think he'd mentioned that it was 7 miles north of Barksdale. I'm ready to go.

Barksdale historically has the best quality points. I will keep my ears open.

Tehuacana
He'd called me a couple of months ago and was going to start, did his test digs, but then had some problems with the guys that leased it for deer season. Seems he was going to dig right in front of one of the blinds. So to keep peace he told the land owner that he'd hold off till after deer season. I think he'd mentioned that it was 7 miles north of Barksdale. I'm ready to go.[/quot

TJ told me the exact same thing. Cant wait... should be some big times!! JT

10-4. I'm ready.

I saw the TJ site in Bandera County on the link page and that one had some great points. Id take any piece Id find but would love to uncover an andice point or a corner tang. How much do they usually charge to let you go digging and what do you usually have to bring with you.

$200 for all day and as much dirt as you can move. Gloves a must, all kinds of sharp flakes mixed in with the dirt, and whatever type of tool you want for moving the dirt on the screen. We use concrete trowels but short handled hoes, rakes, or any other thing you can think of to rake the dirt around. Some people just use their hands. I built a wooden stand for Flicker as she is height diminutive and the tables are a little high for her to start on.
On some of TJ'ss sites he does allow hand digging but you'd have to get with him on the new one.
You can go back on some of the old dig post and get an idea on tools.
Don't forget the grub and water, and a few beers doesn't hurt either.

Hmmm 200 seems a bit much to dig in the dirt. Is that average price for arrowhead digging in other sites?

That's not hand digging, that's a screen dig, all day for as much dirt as you get through the screen. Hand digs are all over the place in price. There's a couple of hand digs sites posted on the front page.