Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Some Other Weird Stuff From the Brush

Arrowheads and Clear Forks aren't the only thing I find while stomping through the cactus and dodging mesquite. Here's a couple of finds from years back. And yep, it's a meteorite and magnetic. The other is a fossil, shell mabbe?

Re: Some Other Weird Stuff From the Brush

Both nice.

Cool stuff!

Meteorites are good very nice..

Do they have "heartbreaker " fossils ?

That one is. It was whole till a wild pool ball took out the glass shelf it was on and the floor did the rest. I found that it on a county road, it was in some of the base material they'd dug from a nearby pit.

That fossil dates back to the Upper Cretaceous, about 65-95 million years ago. The Cretaceous gets its name from the white limestone known as chalk in Europe. Here in Texas we call it caliche.

Very nice Ken! I have a few fossils I picked up while digging and even got a couple from CCC. I also scored what I believe to be a meteorite at CCC as well. Not as large as that one, but about the size of large marble and is magnetic as well.

Pretty cool, Ken. That meteorite might be worth something.

Thanks guys. I've found a couple of tektites on other ranches. Quite a few fossil imprints on flint rocks and a lot of low grade petrified wood. That fossil was from some base material from a nearby caliche pit. First time I've ever found any fossils of that material. It was complete but a wild pool ball shot took out the shelf above it and when it fell it knocked this one out of the display casse. I moved the case since then.

Tehuacan
It was complete but a wild pool ball shot took out the shelf above it and when it fell it knocked this one out of the display casse. I moved the case since then.

And how's your pool shooting ability going

Better, hadn't broken anything else. It's kinda hard to glue caliche together though.