Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Starr-ific Monday!

Went to Starr Monday for a full day of digging. When I arrived just a few of the locals were there to greet me.

A little later James and Snoop showed up to offer some digging support.

Due to the lack of a tailgate, this was the best I had to use for a "tailgate" pic.

Quite an assortment of finds from tools like scraper/choppers to brokes to full points. Not a bad day! Some of tools were surface finds, but everything else was dug.

A close up of the better stuff. The bigger point I believe is a Travis, the other a Nolan and the bird point I believe is a Bonham. Any ideas or more positive ID's are welcome.

Re: A Starr-ific Monday!

Good report including the wildlife pic ( there would be one less if there were crosshairs in the view finder )

Suggestion:
Spray paint that cooler box BLACK..
Everyone will assume its a new Rubbermaid tailgate

Brought this one back up some maybe someone could give me some possible ID's on the complete points. Thanks.

Bonham & Nolan look good to me but dont like Travis for Whitey...
The base subtleties look perfect for a Yarbrough.

After seeing the real thing now, if it was mine , I would still put it in the Yarbough frame ( still because of the base)
And all those other points we see at Starr, Travis would seem a reasonable fit but comparing them one by one with a book is needed..( James needs a really BIG book )