Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mystery Point????Maybe the new Austin?

at first glance just you average perd huh...Well not so fast either side has been beveled.

Untitled

Untitled

Re: Mystery Point????Maybe the new Austin?

I'd agree, sure looks beveled to me. Good find there Snoop.

Beveling is just the easiest way to resharpen a worn point.
If the base is the same, why give a different name just because of the way it was resharpened?

Fred

If the base is the same, why give a different name just because of the way it was resharpened?

Maybe time will tell if it becomes common usage. " Commanche Perd " is well used but ill defined in most
books.
Same could be said for the " Oak a lla " / Lange / Bulverde classification.

Nice point Snoop ( I'll call it an Austin ) Is this the same one you had at digfest or another good find ?

We have yet to see the Austin " best example he ever found " by Flint

Hey Hal it's the point I had at digg feet sorry it took forever to post .
I'm not sure what it is but I sure like it the patina. Is awesome

I agree with Fred,just an ol PERD.I have other points with resharpened bevels on them.You gonna rename them to???

The Pedernales type originated in central Texas 3000 to 4000 years ago. The Comanche tribe did not arrive in central Texas until the 1700's. There is no connection between the Comanche tribe and the Pedernales type................different people in a different millenia. I've been told that the confusion came when much older Pedernales points were found in a known historical Comanche campsite. Good campsites were used by many cultures for thousands of years.

Hey tiny dont shoot the messenger i dont get paid to do that. If your upset talk to the typers i was just relaying info i was givin. But if you need a new name badass will do lol. I have never seen a perd beveled on opposite sides, if you have one do show it please.

Yep I agree, that fits the bill exactly on the austin type. Good Find!

I'VE SEEN YOU OUT AT STAR SNOOP TURD.YOU ARENT A VERY TOUGH LOOKING DUDE.YOU SHOULDNT TALK TO PEOPLE LIKE THAT.BB'S A FRIEND OF MINE.

I bet yaw pass notes in school!!

Hey snoop, at first glance it looks like a zephyr to me. early archaic.

Same thought as pat... Cool point we find those type points at our dig site. Snoop after hunting season you are welcome to come west and digg and find many more that you can show. Just cost you gas. I will try to set up a dig where Nate you and pat can come out to the tp......

I never worrie about internet tough guys. Yall know where to find. Me lets talk in person if you need to.know how tough I am lol. bt i'm dying to head out yalls way.

You know I hope both of you guys have the best xmas ever and find multil;e tangs I dont want yalls negative mojo adound my digg time. pat and bt I cant wait to see yall.soon

snoop
pat and bt I cant wait to see yall.soon

Me too (?)

SH
snoop
pat and bt I cant wait to see yall.soon

Me too (?)

Hal, I would think you would be very welcome to tag along but its still bigbt's call. be ready!