Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Show your finds for 2011 !!

Well it to wet to dig and thought I would post some pic of some flint!! These were all found at one site except the Friday blade.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: Show your finds for 2011 !!

Hey Gee Ten let's see that cornertang again and let us know what county it was found in? Merry Christmas

Thats impressive when seen altogether ( vs " look what I found today " ! ) Great.
Re that bottom L area points, Seems like resharpend Montells, but thats a large percentage of worked downs
with no larger ones. I wonder if thats just the way they made them out 'East' OR even a varient of something else?
Along with your other " rocks ", we see you have enough game balls to open up your own arcade

I'll input with my 11 finds but I need right up to new years eve to get the very last of the years finds

Very nice site collection Sandman,

Thanks for the pictures.

john h

Very nice!!! You have a really sweet collection for the year!

well the bottom left looks to be jettas to me hal

Those are some nice finds. Congrats!

sean
well the bottom left looks to be jettas to me hal

I think your right. I wasn't thinking that old with all the younger associated finds.
The big one I had figured was Gower or Jetta but now they ALL look Jetta, big & small alike.

How bout that, 8,000 years ago in Fayette county

They appear to be Jetta. Quite rare as they are supposedly very limited in their area of existence.

Hey Thanks for the comments, the jetta/gower/perds are still a mystery to me as well, one of these days I will send them in to D.R. for typing. These are Milam county finds. Wish I had a CT to display!! Hint

gt
They appear to be Jetta. Quite rare as they are supposedly very limited in their area of existence.

Very true, we usually see them one at a time..Sandy must have gone right through the heart of the tool making area of the camp.

Photobucket
The best day I had in 2011
Photobucket
more from the same site 2011
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
pandale and blade 2011
Photobucket

Three killers in one day, plus a bucket full of other finds is anybody's Best Day! The pandale looks flawless!!

Sorry for the delay but I had to wait for the finds from Dec 30th 2011 to make this a complete accounting.

Photobucket

Holy cow H. thats equivelant to my lifetime of finds.WOW, now I see why you dont buy frames, it would break a feller. great years worth of scratching around. may your 2012 be just as promising. Happy New Year and good luck to all.

WOW, now that is very impressive. Looks like you were rewarded very well for 2011!! If you run out of room and need a place to store some of those finds, let me know and I could help you out! Those metates are awesome. Happy New Year and Good Luck in 2012.

I'm going digging!!!

Here a few of 2011 finds...

My eye sight has surely declined lately, earlier in this thread I mistaken a couple of mik jugs for metates, but I am quite sure you have posted a nice folsom point Can you elaborate on the details of this beauty!!

Hey Sandman I was back reading this post and realized I missed your comment. Here's my C-Tang from Coryell County. My best piece for 2011 or any other year for that matter!

Here are couple pics right after it came out of the dirt.

Here's a pic before cleaning.

Here's the pic that was originally posted.

And a couple close-ups.

Hey Fellow Arrowhead Fans, kinda hesitated showing my finds for 2011, compared to all the others, but time will tell :) I really Like my Riker Mount Case! Thanks, Ken

Photobucket

G-10, that is a killer find, Thanks for the pics!!

Ken, nice start, one thing about this obsession is you never know when that find of a lifetime will show up!!

Thanks for the supportive works guy!! :) That's the fun of it all, not knowin what you could find! Ken

Ken Diehl
Hey Fellow Arrowhead Fans, kinda hesitated showing my finds for 2011, compared to all the others,

No apologies allowed in this posting, all good artifacts...Consider that poor GeeTen, all he could post is just ONE measly point