Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need Help on ID's with a few points....

All of these are from December, found a day apart in Burnet County. They are from one of my earlier posts, but not sure what they are. Any help is welcome.

Hopefully someone has some answers because I am out of guesses.

Re: Need Help on ID's with a few points....

With a base like that on the top one only a form of San Patrice seems likely.
The bottom ones seem Darlish to me.
Nice collection, better if that top one is varified

Thanks for the response Hal. I still can't tie these down. I'm not sure if the base on the first one was made that way or has a little damage. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know.

That top one looks similar to one that I've seen posted before. We found one out at Nacho's last year like it. Not a clue to what it is. Mabbe a worn down Perd?

kinda outta area....but how about a Rodgers Side Hallowed(E.Archaic) for the top one....2 cents

I looked it up right after I found it and that was my thoughts. It's not the first one that I've seen posted and all were from Central Tx. Out of the normal range of the Rodgers. All of them posted looked pretty much the same. Makes you wonder???

Thanks for the comments digbros and Ken. I had looked that point up as well and I my first thought was along the same lines, but I didn't know if that could be it since it wasn't common around central tx. But now that I see there are others, that very may well what it is. I will consider it a Rodgers unless I get it verified differently. Maybe I will carry it to one of the flint shows to have it verified.

Any thoughts on the long point with the broke tip?

GeeTen
Any thoughts on the long point with the broke tip?

I yield to a higher authority. Greg just found one that looks similar to yours ( except with a tip ).. He called it a Uvalde. See todays' posting under Starry.