Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Has anyone gone to the free night dig in williamson co?

Just curious?

Re: Has anyone gone to the free night dig in williamson co?

Never heard of it ... any details?

email me

free night dig williamson co. williamson co. sounds like a trap better lawer up!!!

its a hoax

Dosen't look like a hoax.. I follow the thread on the other site... Looks good. Wish it was something that I was in on myself.

One day I will get luck and run across one that we can invite folks. But this is their little treasure and I am glad they look to be enjoying it too

Michelle,
I guess Hal is keeping you filled in?

Yea it is a hoax!!! Jeff does not have permission to dig the site.Why do you think they are digging it at night.

Hal isn't keeping em up to date RGS.. He isn't there ! He also not charging his CELL phone! Might haev to go kick in his door if I don;t hear from him soon!

IF it is a hoax, its sure a big one.. even with people posting a few of their finds as well....

Not sure who you are Big Boy, but you shouldn't talk about things until you investigate them for yourself or see it first hand. I was out there last night digging. There were at least 25+ out digging. Was a great time and is completely legit. If you don't like it Big Boy, then don't go. I know Jeff personally and he does have permission. He knows the owners and has their blessing. The only reason they have to dig at night is because the construction crew works during the day and they can't have diggers in the way. I would suggest everyone get in on it while you still can. They are digging a huge trench for everyone today so it should be good diggins tonight. Some real nice stuff came out last night. Hope ya'll can make it out.

Well put GeeTen, I hope for you to post some pics.

Ill see you there tonight g10

Michelle
Hal isn't keeping em up to date RGS.. He isn't there ! He also not charging his CELL phone! Might haev to go kick in his door if I don;t hear from him soon!

IF it is a hoax, its sure a big one.. even with people posting a few of their finds as well....

Dam, it's a tough world ....I could be dead for all the attention I get...( Help, I have fallen down and cant get up )
My cell lost all brainpower ( even with full battery ) since YESTERDAY morning.. I just got back from the ATT headquarters ( I'm back on the air...)

Just talked to Jeff ( he knows Badger & SH )...

I'm going out there TONIGHT. (TH, 1/12)

Even though it's illegal to post numbers here..Time is VERY pressing, ( And maybe Badger will have reason to call him too )..

512 948 8830

It's legal and an exceptional opportunity for points from the renown San Gab river ( Georgetown TX )

On the other hand,,I was afraid to return home and find the door kicked down by the police looking for the body

I don"t know give williamson co.a chance to make money and thare all over it 20 + diggers chaching one thing I have learned you dont have to brake the law to pay the price in williamson co. but would love to dig that s.s.g.r. agian found blue castervile on that river but all the luck to youall cant wate for the posts williasom co. better get it in writing and lawer up. sounds like insurance nightmare haveing permishon and all and in the dark to boot

Hey, everything I have been hearing, it would be a good time to see if that construction crew would be hiring some laborer!! Can you see it, Hal and g10 going at it over whos going to dig the ditchs!!

Hal,
For starters, I'm glad to hear you are still kicking! Secondly, I can't wait to get your take(pictures included) of the hoax! Be careful, and I know a good bondsman, his name is Dog.

Jeff said..." Get some pictures up as soon as you can so interested diggers can see whats going on. "

It's facinating seeing all those 'head' lights moving around while they are digging.

Photobucket

Actual close ups of life in the trenches .

Photobucket

Photobucket

I unearthed a real show stopper and a fitting memento of my first night dig at the " nite site "
Still insitu ( right in the middle )

Photobucket

By midnight there was less lights as some fire flies headed for the electric blanket..

Photobucket

The car parking was worth a pic, looked like Digfest ( just without the rain )

Photobucket

Special bonus....Georgetown still their knockout Christmas lights up..

Photobucket

Had a good time last night, saw a few good points come out. Heres my point of the night.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

David found this outragious Perd, excessively long base, long & narrow with "nubs" for barbs...Anybody seen one before ?

Photobucket

Pat found a rare half a Perd early on..

Photobucket

Jeff #2's CT base...( wish I had found it, it would be a G11 this morning ).

Photobucket

Finds by persons unknown ( too dark to see name tags )

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Look at this great diggers hand, complete with finger patch.. Complete point is a Nolan

Photobucket

Now to my souvenir of the night..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now that is a cool point. Do you call it a batwing perd? I guess digging at night is better..

OMG!! Those finds are fantastic! I would love to check it out...invite??

Heather Payne
OMG!! Those finds are fantastic! I would love to check it out...invite??

I just sent you some info to that little post box icon and it came back " undeliverable " Got a better # ?

Very nice point Hal. Well worth the trip out there. What do recommend for tools? You going back out anytime soon?.

Hal...My e-mail is ROX402002@yahoo.com You should be able to get something to me there.

Hey Hal , what year is the gold peice ?

gilbert
What do recommend for tools? You going back out anytime soon?.

Soil is EXACTLY like Barksdale & Rolands, firm packed sandy loam. My foot pick is overkill. The heavy duty
hand rake & Terra Talon work great. The wiggle picks with the standard blade are actually at a disadvantage
as they only have a 1/4 inch of 'bite' surface.
Wiggles with the wider blade welded sideways are superb..
Drag tarps are absolutely useless, dirt removal accounts for 90% of the energy expended..The trenches are narrow and about 3 feet deep to start with and the dirt must be shoveled out ( or hand throw it onto your neighbors property and let HIM shovel it out )

Keep tools to a minimum so there is less to keep track of in the dark. No root saws. Just bring all tools and leave them in the vehicle til you see whats needed.

Absolute MUST is a headlamp. Any kind of lantern is a big DETRIMENT, dont do it.

I hope to be there Sunday and/or Monday night. ( once you have done the first call with Jeff, you can just show up on the night you like )

Best of luck to us all...( may your batteries run like the bunny )

Cliff Ashbaugh
Hey Hal , what year is the gold peice ?

1999 even though it says " 30 dollars "

I checked some others, all are in the 1980 & 90's except ONE that had the date in very small hard to read Roman numerals that translated to 1988 ( thats a lot of roman numerals )...

I thought maybe it could be a fake but I dont see any rust or corrosion on it

Date on the flint is even harder to read, looks like between 6000-2000 BP

Idahoe
Do you call it a batwing perd? I guess digging at night is better..

Right or wrong the common usage for this point is a "COMMANCHE" Perd..
Pat made an interesting observation about it, IF the base was not notched it would be a true LANGTRY...
( "COMMANCHE LANGTRY " ?? )

The type is not set in stone, there are wide variations of Commache's that DONT look Langtry.. Look back up in the post at the Perd in Pat's hand...that looks Commanche like just because the base is long and narrow.
Really exotic Commanche varients the 'wings' are swept out really radically...( to keep the dart from penetrating into the prey's hide and hurting him )

" night digging is better "....than what ???
You must mean no digging at all, certainly not better than daylight. The site is to become the new home of a square mile of billion dollar condominiums. It's
night or nuthin...

CORRECTION...

I just spoke to someone that knows more about these things ( Badger )....There IS a documented BATWING PERD...Commanche has always just been a cute handle the boys in the trenches used...

Now I gotta use both terms so all will understand

Had you found it during the day it would certainly be a Commanche. However, it was found at night, thus a batwing. There is a distinction as noted in OVST page 1894.

So, it sounds like Jeff is ok with "anyone interested in coming out." If so, how do we get directions to the site. I'd love to come out and get my hands dirty.

Doc
So, it sounds like Jeff is ok with "anyone interested in coming out." If so, how do we get directions to the site.

All Welcome. Call Jeff

East or west of 35?? I know its no guud anymore but atleast canni get a general idea of the new community development. ?.PLZZZ

E of 35....Pretty much Dead center in the middle of Georgetown...The digging stopped when they were just getting ready to pour the slabs over it for the new 1000 unit apartment complex. !