Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bell County Finds

Here are some of Bell Cnty Digger's finds from Bell County. The incised stones are paleo/transitional paleo. Any info on the point (ID's welcome) or incised stones is appreciated.

Re: Bell County Finds

Even sweeter!!!

Excellent, Tks for the look.

awesome finds, im thinking plainview for the point...my brother found an incised stone that looks similar to that at a camp where plainviews were found as well...interesting that they are so old...

I've found and posted some incised rocks like these. Ive found them in 3 different sites associated with almost every age of artifact. I guess they could all be paleo artifacts and were found and brought by the the newer indians to there homes.

Well when u find one of these in a perd mound at the star, its safe to say that it was the perd people who engraved it. There has been art since there has been man. So when I find one of the engraved stones next to a.plainview and one between a hoxie and the first point on this page its safe to say its paleo. The only thing this site has is paleo, there is.nothing else. These stones match the exact patern of examples from the gault on the internet as well as in prehistoric American issue number two. 2011 pages 10 through 17. I have done a lot of homework on these pieces and was just wondering what other people thought that had knowledge of paleo engraved stones. And the piece at the top Rogers called a barber but wanted other opinions on this as well. Thanks for all input.

Took a minute to find a picture of the other side.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Any book or person claming to know what these symbols mean is pure speculation. The only person who knows for sure is long dead. Though i have to admit the basic similarities and repetative nature of the markings leans me towards some function other than art. All 3 of the incised rocks i have found have a similar "ladder" pattern.

Heres another
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I expected this from this site but not from someone I have taken out to my lease and allowed to dig. I was just saying its safe to assume mine are PALEO seeing I've found.them at a paleo site. These have not been placed next to paleo points in the ground by birdpoimt people . And if u want to call urs paleo , u go.right ahead. Hecc call them a purple zebra. But I specifically asked for.info on paleo engavings. Hec maybe my.birdpoints are all reworked.clovis points secretly brought in solely for the purpose of this conversation! U might be on to something! Man u just know it all. Forget I shared this, I'm out. Won't make this mistake again.

And I would appreciate it if u didn't tell everyone where my lease is. If u want to discuss this further , come to my house and we can "talk". U know where I live.

A post was asked to be deleted by the author.. A reply was posted at the same time and it also was deleted because it was a reply to the post that I deleted a minute before

Sorry about that I was only trying to delete one post, but the delete feature also kills any replys to deleted messages...

Sorry guys!!!!!!

-Michelle

have read over and over dont get it scrached rocks.do like the barber looking point. have seen that scrach pat over and over gave or thrue all away. frend found buck deer srached on stone it was nice peace of art!yesterday-today-tomorow peeps doodel

BCD..........killer pieces. Never was fortunate enough to dig one of those engraved pieces. Tried hard to dig one at Stiles, years ago, but everytime I returned to dig deeper, someone had already covered the layer up. I concur on the Barber call. Looks like you have a great dig, friend!