Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ID Help.....

Hello arrowhead fans, this item was found in Boerne Tx, cannot ID this point in any reference book, any ideas, thank you! Ken

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: ID Help.....

man thats a great point...i used to live in boerne and never found anything like that round there...looks like a dovetail or maybe a covington they corner notched...

Maybe a one of a kind, the owner just had a need to better haft a small lanceolate. It's a pretty find.
Flint show in 9 days, plenty of professional opinions there.

Hey Ken! Interesting point! Was this a surface find or was it dug? Some information to consider if it was a surface find. I am a Scout leader and have bought reproduction points, similar looking, in bulk over the years to use as crafts or merit badge purposes. Many of the repros I have purchased coming out of Mexico closely resemble yours in shape and design, though I have never seen a white one. Many are made on large flakes and there is a curvature to the point (as it appears on your picture). Depending on the supplier, some are much better made than others.
Anyway, this is just an friendly observation!
Hope yours is genuine and a new point type to the area!

overstreet i. d. pg. 76 dove tail

It looks like a fresh notched small Covington Knife.
I would say for a Texas Point, it does not have a chance to be authentic. That is unless you dug it yourself. Just my opinion only.
Bill

I too questioned whether it was a recently napped point, its not flint either, softer stone, but not Limestone. It was a surface find by my freind on my property in Boerne with me in 06. Had greater than twenty acres of undisturbed area in River Mountain Ranch residential development,North of Boerne near the Guadalupe and some Spring complexes in the vicinty. Not much traffic out there at all.

Thanks for everyones comments, will search up the referenced types, I would like to find something like that diggin, but all I find so far is broken and rough Points. Thanks Again, Ken