Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
little translucent killer

Well maybe a little rabbit, bird, rat, cricket killer. but a Kller!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: little translucent killer

That's one mean mouse killer. What do you figure it's made of? Kinda looks like agate.

Teh, Man I am not sure, do not know how to tell? Thanks Oh by the way I found my second clearfork last week, it was a surface find about 150 yds. from main camp area.

Teh, can you but any id on the points that are under scallorn ??? thread posted a couple days ago? Thanks

I'm siding with Hal, it looks like a Coldwater. Is the base broken on that one? It should be ground. Chuck had posted one not too long ago.

No its not broke, the base is lightly ground. Thanks for the look, any ideas on the other one?

Nice transluc..

Your efforts on a see through skyshot is commendable ...........and addictive.
Last yr we were finding so many translucents on the Nueces digs that I finally bought one of those $16. million candle power, 3 stage, LED flashlights.
pieces of black cloth draped around to reduce power just to the flint area..

Works great ...but I haven't found a translucent since.

Hey sandman, I sure do like that birdie! It's a nice one. How deep are you finding them? I talked with a friend of mine that has done some sifting in the sand and he said they had to go three feet to even get to the camp layer. I have done some surfacing at our ranch which has deep sand and have only gotten a few flakes off the top. I'm thinking the treasures will be deep there as well.

They are very shallow, from the surface to a 1ft? deep. I think it is safe to say that there was people at some of these camps in the last 250yrs.