Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
STARR TREK

Finds are where you find them

Photobucket

Photobucket

The root of the matter

Photobucket

Marc found a great umbrella drill

Photobucket

At this stage, I think some people call them 'Eagle' drills

Photobucket

Darl site Chris got a really neat Mano. It's a fine grained quartz so highly polished (used), its like
the gloss finish on stone counter tops.
Birds are beautiful

Photobucket

Re: STARR TREK

All nice finds, the one time i was there it was somewhere between 108 and 112 degrees and thats the position i was in going back to the truck.lol, Sure would like to try it again!

Careful Hal, that tree could blow down with a good sneeze. After the first good storm some luck diggers might get a shot at the dirt left under there. Killer drill too.

g-towndigger
Careful Hal, that tree could blow down with a good sneeze.

The key to long digging life is NOT to sneeze
A few pokes in the roots has been a target for many months for many diggers before they go onto their other favorite spots.
I was pleasantly surprised about how many good worked pieces that were actually at the inner part of the root ball....I had dug farther out around the perimeter and dont remember it being so rich.
Might have something to do with the roots really holding material in place even through the last few hundred yrs.

" Like moths to a flame ".....Diggers are drawn to tree roots..
The only thing holding up this huge lumber yard is the tap root...and yet these two reported they were still finding areas not yet taken down to the bed rock..

Photobucket

This was just a few days ago on Super Sunday.

Photobucket