Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Awesome !!!

It's always a pleasure sending nice quality points to Dr. Gomer. This Castro and two Montys would have been exceptional points except for the small breaks. None the less, I truly believe that a small restoration always increases the value of a point and brings forth the the way the point looked when it was made. Dr. Gomer is incredible and the repairs are always done in UV so anyone can tell if it's been repaired. Take a look at the before and after. The Castro is over 3.5 inches and a killer restored. The Montys are ultra-thin and a great addition to any collection. Enjoy! The before....

Photobucket

The after..

Photobucket

Good show

He's definitely the best. I'm waiting to get a few more to send in, to justify the $10 shipping. I have four so far.
Photobucket
two here
Photobucket
one more here
Photobucket

Re: Good show

Heres one Kasey found last year. We had it repaired by Gomer, and are very pleased with the quality of his work..

Re: Good show

rgs
He's definitely the best. I'm waiting to get a few more to send in, to justify the $10 shipping. I have four so far.

AH-HA...ANOTHER one making the best of the shipping charge.....May I inquire how many you target as being ' economical ' ??
Badger has been saying for 10 years that she has some fantastic slightly damaged points that she is DEFINITELY sending to the Doc. Must be waiting for the best shipping deal too.. She has 73 so far.

Ida, Good show, they are very impressive.
Only with this posting did it hit me why " before & after " postings look so extra good.......
Along with superb repair workmanship, we are looking at the creme d creme of people's finds...

NOBODY pays to get clunkers brought back to life

No set limit

I'll just wait & see how much they add up to, for $10 restoration is not as painful as the $35. Unfortunately, I have two $35 points as of right now. I bet it's been 6 years since i've sent anything in, for i was playing with my own restorations, there for a while.

Re: Awesome !!!

I rediscovered these damaged pieces when I laid out the 2011 finds.

Photobucket

Repaired ( not by the Doc but by the hospital janitor )

Photobucket

That would have been a really impressive Perd but the original owner trimed the break so if thats the way he wanted it,,,I left it.