Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
surface hunt after small flood!

Well 1 inch a hour for about 3 1/2 hrs. will cause small creek to flood! Bad news if you park the skidsteer in low lying area!LOL Water over top of tires!

After getting it to higher ground we did some looking
on the surface.

Photobucket

My wife found this one, the base is ground very smooth, again any ideas on type?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: surface hunt after small flood!

Just a guess bu maybe a barber. Would hsve been awesome whatever it is.

looks like it would have been a great point...paleo

Good find! Perhaps Golondrina.

Thanks, it looked old to me as well. It just drives me crazy trying to fiqure how a older point can turn up on the surface, this field had been recently plowed less than a foot deep!

That's the pleasure of surface hunting, Paleo's and Perdiz on the same level. I'd go with Golondrina on that last one also. Hadn't had a chance to get out myself on the creek but we didn't catch that much rain down here. Half inch just settled the dust.

sandman
It just drives me crazy trying to fiqure how a older point can turn up on the surface, this field had been recently plowed less than a foot deep!

FLINT FLOATS ...And apparently so do diamonds..
They plow that diamond state park in AK every once in a while to expose "new" diamonds.
Professional surface flint hunters reportedly have favorite fields they hunt yr after yr after new plowing.

Your report of an amphibious skidster really goes against the norm of camp location. The old boys knew
well the hazards of a flash floods and camped higher.

Maybe your guys just camped low and parked their vehicles on high ground.

Yeah, learned my lesson, but the skidsteer out of sight and out of mind until I realized how much it rained!! The camps are up out of flood area. Left out early and did not bring camera and really missed out on some good pics! Thanks for the looks.

Are you in the Bastrop area? I know you have said before, but I forget.

Flint, Milam county.

Nice finds.