Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Palo Pinto county finds

Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells

We surface hunted and hand dug on a friend's place out in Palo Pinto county last weekend.
I found the best drill I have ever found on a gravel bar in the creek. The base is broken on it.
I found a real nice bird point hand digging and using a screen too.

I was wondering if this could be a base to a broken drill?

My friend Joe found this broken drill. Its unusual in that it is not made of flint. It feels like sandstone.

I also found these fossils on the trip. The bottom fossil in the center is a free floating crinoid.
The others are two gastropods, a straight cephalopod and a piece of a metacoceras possibly.

Re: Palo Pinto county finds

Thats an excellent interesting report..

I had never Googled the Hotel before now ..lots of good info including the fact that it cost 1.2 million to build in 1929 and " restoration " is now in progress for 54
million Good thing they didn't wait til next year when it will be 60 mil

Nice selection of finds. That friends piece is an unusual configuration. The snapped section is obvious,
hard to tell from a pic but might it also be like a base tang corner if it had an impact fracture to start
with ?

I'd like to believe that's a spring time bird

very nice, Chris. Wish I'd could have been there. Any typology on the bird point?

Thanks Hal! The history of the Baker Hotel is interesting. Some people think its haunted. I'm glad they're going to restore it.

I wish it was a spring bird. It's a red shafted flicker and they migrate down here for the winter.

Thanks Travis! I'm thinking its a Scallorn possibly?