Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hunting Wyoming

Just moved up to Wyoming for work...waitin on the snow to melt a bit and see about finding some points up here..Im wonderin if my texas mentality of locating camps is gonna hack it up here with so many geographical and climatic differences. Wondering if off the bat I should focus on caves/rockshelters up in the hills and mountains i will have access to that are probably less hunted over, or stick with the creeks and rivers in the open country lowlands...hoping to maybe get into some historic period steel trade points up here....If anyone knows much about this country or has any ideas they're much appreciated...thanks yall

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: Hunting Wyoming

DAM...That's really B I G ( and beautiful ) country...

You bet your patooties that area will be different than your TX camps....
I went to the Ovrsts NP section to see what the points up there look like...What a surprise....That section might have the most DIFFERENT ...PALEO of all the other sections.

PLUS, that " Plains Triangular " at 150 BP

Google: Wyoming Artifact Hunting

thanks yall...i was definitely expecting something different up here...I love all the snow on the ground, but looking forward to it melting so i can get out there....ill post some pics of the country over the next few months for sure

Beautiful. Looking forward to more pics!

Did some point hunting on Flicker's cousin's place there in Idaho. Found some nice obsidian and agate birds and a couple of Paleo points.
We were up in Montana at one of the Indian jewelry stores and the owner has some property in Wyoming. She said she's found over 40,000 trade beads on her place. Found so many that she's using them on clothing and jewelry that she sells.

We moved from WY to TX and it is way different. you are going to mainly be surfacing hunting creeks in the low lands and the mountains will be grave sites and open meadows esp after rains

thanks everyone...if i come across some good stuff ill post it, especially if its obsidian, been waiting a long time for that