Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Why i Started arrowhead hunting.

Hi, my name is Spencer I'm 25 i live in Austin TX or Travis Co. and i have a problem i cant stop arrowhead hunting. This is my story... I had been arrowhead hunting a few times before but never found anything while everyone else i went with seem to always find a point or two every time. I think i went 7 or 8 times. Nothing!! I quickly became frustrated with arrowheads hunting and told my self i would never go again. Little did i know. 2 years down the road i was board and a friend of my moms came by the house to say hi. We started talking and i asked him what his plans were that night. I wanna to go have a drink or something at the bar. He went on to say he was going arrowhead hunting that night. I told him how i didnt like arrowhead hunting because it was a waste of time and stupid. Why? He asked. i told him the story and before you know it i was in the truck with digging tools, head lamp and a pack of cigs. I really didnt wanna go and i didn't know why i was going. Oh yeah, now i remember. he told me that this mound was producing a good number of points and he was going to put me on a good spot to dig. So we arrive at the spot we were going to dig at, This is where it starts getting good. He had left out onnnnnneeee small detail we had to cross a river that he said only came up to about our knees. I was so mad at this point because it was 46 degrees and the water was around 57degrees. So we started crossing the river but he didnt know they had released water from up river and the water level was rising. I'm about half way across and the water hits my knees and as i went further the water was getting deeper waste deep to be exact, but we made it. We ran up the hill and started a fire to warm up and dry off a little.After i was warm enough he showed me where to dig. i got to my spot and started digging right off the bat i was finding good flint which was getting me really excited, so excited i forgot i was cold. I began to dig faster and faster and started having fun arrowhead hunting again.Then it happen a perfect 2.5in Nolan fell in the dirt in front of me. I'll never forget that feeling that rush i had come over me. I was hooked, and everything before that moment was defiantly worth it. I had found my first arrowhead on 1-3-2012 and have found 28 points(not all are full points) sense that night. This is my collection!

Photobucket

Re: Why i Started arrowhead hunting.

lets dig

Where Jake???

where would we go ?