Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WYOMING BLADE, SHELL BEADS, CAVE INSCRIPTION

cgb, please keep us updated. This is a really cool post and I'm really interested. Good luck!

What a view!! Nice finds.

thanks yall for the replys, much appreciated...Im glad i finally found a place to go lookin up here, it took nearly two months but paid off for sure, its a killer place and the rancher invited back as much as i want and thats just about as good as it can get...Gman, i did see what your talkin bout with the date, if i tilt my screen it looks almost like 1901, but right up next to it its very clear as 1801, i read it a 100 times over b4 i crawled outa there just to make sure...since i caught that area with just about an hour of light left, next time i go back in 2 weeks i will definitely have a good light on me (i shoulda known better), left the ol metal detector back in boerne till we make it back to tx for a bit....That whole area alongside the horseshoe bend in the creek otta produce somethin for sure, the grass was so tall and much of it layin down from the deer and antelope bedding down in it you couldnt see dirt, i mentioned to the rancher that if he was to disc that area hed probably be rakin up points, he said hes been planning on discing and planting alfalfa in the next few months for the mule deer...I said ill come help....yall be good down there in texas

A few more pics from up here, a few weeks ago in the Wind River Reservation and out near Jackson Hole

Photobucket

on the trail
Photobucket

off the trail (big horn sheep)
Photobucket

Photobucket

last man standing
Photobucket

over and out.......
Photobucket

Thats pretty country also in the second series of pics but looking at it from an ancients point of view, it also looks like some tough country to survive in year round ( different harsh season variables )
I think I would rather live near the river on Farmer Brown's cave property ( and he's so kind as to cultivate a crop for the wildlife )

i would too....almost got frostbite drivin through there with the heater blasting....ive heard of a number of bands that would stay out and winter in some of the harshest country up here, i dont know how they did it...Clinton D. Smith co- author of his autobiography "The Boy Captives" recalls waking high in the mountains wrapped in a buffalo robe with a couple feet of snow covering him up as a regular occurrence and him not the slightest bit disturbed...tough stock

cgb
...tough stock

"tough stock " is a good description of anyone that could survive a lifetime in that area...I'm thinking it was "easier" on the second generation...If you were born right there, you would assume thats a 'normal' way of growing up,,,the whole world is the same...

Just like some youngsters take it for granted that the whole world is covered in pink colored coral beaches with palm trees