Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CHRISNERS CREEKIN 3/22

For 2 years past, Texas creeks have been bone dry...Now the heavy spring rains of 3/12 prompted me to build an
item I have had in mind for a long time.
An underwater viewer.

Photobucket

To cut surface glare, make rippling water visible and see slightly deeper and clearer.
Cutoff bottom of a 55 gal plastic drum. 3/16th acrylic with lawn mower handle........

Photobucket

Best U/W find probably would not have seen without viewer.

Photobucket

A nicely made 'scraper'

Photobucket

A 6 inch rain and resultant flash flood has entirely shifted the gravel beds ...This surface find near waters edge was nice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A creek walking bonus...right where Fulton hollow water runs into the larger creek

Photobucket

Photobucket

When walking around with an open topped barrel it might be wise not to walk under waterfalls..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Spoted another gravel bed find ( it's NOT in the middle )

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was surprised at myself for spotting this tooth in the gravel

Photobucket

Crawfish pincer find, about the size of a small lobster

Photobucket

Surprise

Photobucket

Experimented with a 'glare shield ' for the Marl II

Photobucket

Left at 2PM with these

Photobucket

Here's a crawfish eye ( or Corner tang ) view of the surfacer

Photobucket

Man, I was thinking about something like that just last night!! My idea wasn't as big...ya beat me to it anyway!!!

Neat Idea there Hal, I will have to tell you that it seems you are really enjoying your retirement. My hats off to you and keep up the fun stuff and you will never age!! Always enjoy your post!!

i love the new invention ,but im not retierd yet ,please leave a few please;) hal sincerly mav lol

Heather Payne
I was thinking about something like that just last night!!

There's bound to be as many viewers designs as there are screening tables. Few yrs ago this was my MARK I
model.

Photobucket

Then I tried to stay dry...this big rig was made with swimming ' noodles ' with clear plastic flexible
( auto seat ) material.

Photobucket

worked great but I didn't like the fact that the flexible plastic tends to catch bubbles that eventually pool in the middle.

Photobucket

Sandy, right on ..this flint hobby for me is more than " look what I found "...Making special tools & April fooling Badger is part of the hobby.