Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Found what seems like Quarry's

Finding the camp is gonna be a matter of scouting and digging test holes. Keep in mind that there were seasonal main camps and a variety of work areas. Flat areas up on the rise were generally camps. I'm working on an area right now, it's tucked up right against the bottom of a hill blocking the north wind on a flat area about 20 feet above the creek. I believe it was a winter camp. I grew up on cibilo creek its been my experience that as deep as you're willing to go you will still find stuff.

I will be going tomorrow saturday, if anyone is interested, send me an email. No more than 4 people at this time.

I might be interested Mr C what area is this your scouting....thanks

it's on bat cave road and 3009

I sent an email.....what time you plan on searchin...and you still got space?

Looks like I missed out... I dug for 6 hrs in Schertz today...then drove back to Belton.I grew up in Schertz ...great area to hunt...can't wait for your report!

email me and I will keep you in the loop.

We once came across a "quarry" uphill from a large river. It was about 3 inches deep and 50 feet in diameter of all very large flakes, some 'blocks'. we figured it was a place where they did some preliminary flaking just to make sure the piece was usable before carrying them away. Never found any evidence of a camp.

I have also inspected 2 really fantastic new "campsites" as reported by wildly enthusiastic surfacers who just couldn't understand where the finished points were..
Both turned out to be dump sites for modern knappers' debris. One site had quite a few diamond saw slabbed pieces that should have meant something to the original finders.