Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ID Please on the dog eared one!!!

Looks like you had much better than a good day. Appears to be a lot of "old" stuff there and most all in good shape. The only two points that look to be a little " banged" up
are a possible Pandale and Golondrina.
Great finds!
The point in question appears to be Merrell.
A general location would help on ID.

yes yes and yes..Just got info from Mr. Rogers himself..said it is a newly named point "merrell" per Turner and Hester 3rd ed 2011...a Mickey mouse eared base simular to frio. Thanks all of you for your input. I say your all right.JT

RH, thats an angustura for sure, next to it is a val verde. like I said strange camp used over and over. We found a lot of martindales, montell, pandale, ango's, frio's, pipe creek, drills, plainview,hell gap, kinney, and others..one Rogers said hasn't been tyeped yet. (not shown)

Merrell would also seem more consistant with all the other older point types, big age difference from the Frio. My fav would be Goldie ( what creature was running around those parts 9000 yrs ago when he hurled that missile at it ? )

jt i dont know but it looks to me to be more of the gower type but im no expert

Deffenitly Merrell! I have one of if not the best one of this type from Barksdale ,please bring to the temple show and we will compare them

Patrick grass
Deffenitly Merrell! I have one of if not the best one of this type from Barksdale ,please bring to the temple show and we will compare them

Have big graduation party on the 1st at my house...can't make it to Temple