Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Yesterday's find

Thanks for the advise partner,..I'll keep looking. I've been looking at the area with google earth satellite images, but still hard to pin point some areas to concentrate on. I'll be going Monday morning, if anyone interested shoot me an email.

Excellent posting John. A quarry is certainly a possibility. Especially with a good deposit of flint. The large pieces generally don't travel far so up the creek is a grand proposition. Find the mound out of the creek and dig Mr. C. Often the best areas to dig are right on top of the hill. The natives were well aware of flood so pick the high spot . Good luck!

Thanks Idaho, will do that monday, kepp you posted

Mr. "C"
T I'll be going Monday morning, if anyone interested shoot me an email.

Need an Email address..Just type in below your name on the line below your name when starting a message.. It will appear as a little mailbox on any future postings.

Mr. "C"..... you would't happen to be the same dealer that's trying to offload the large number of points on craigslist are you? From your craigslist add and the large quantities of points you are selling, I would think you have a great idea what you're looking at and probably don't need any advice on the stuff your finding now.

Of course, if you're not the same Mr "C" (which is appears you are) then your questions are valid and any number of members on this board would be more than glad to go out there and assist you in finding the camp you believe might be on the property. I will drive down there and bring a couple of the most experienced diggers/searchers around with me to help you out. Please provide contact information.

Thanks,
G-P

Crickets?

I do have a listing and have picked up many arrowheads during my hunting years in So. Tx., but I am not an expert on ID'ing and have had many people advise me on what I have. The only reason I'm on this forum is to learn from experienced and knowledgeable people. So. Tx. is known for surface picking, not digging, that is why I am here. I have been told by several people to be very cautious with some people on this site, but I cannot judge what I cannot see. I beleive this site is a great place to learn from the experts. I hope this answers you concerns.

If you're stomping around in So.Tx. then you're a neighbor. I've hunted all over most of the area's south and west of SA. Surface hunting is about the only way to go till you get up into the hill country and hit the pay digs. I've seen many large collections of surface finds from So.Tx. Everywhere from Tilden, George West, down to Rio Grande City, Roma, Zapata, and west to Carrizo Springs and Crystal City, plus here in my area. Tools seem to be a large part of surface finds. Keep posting your finds, I need the competition on being the Clear Fork King.

my contact number is 210-303-8793