Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Guadalupe River Camp - Last couple of weeks

After months of searching and digging in a not so great camp, Jayradd and I were forced to move to search for a better camp. Glad we did because these beauties are coming out at a new camp location.

These two beauties are the newest to Jayradd's collection. He made the score today, as I left with a couple brokes and some pottery pieces. If anyone could help with the id of the large point, we would appreciate it. I called it a Marcos.

Re: Guadalupe River Camp - Last couple of weeks

Looks like you cleaned up on them at the new camp.
That one bird point is a winner by itself. I'd call that last one a Marcos.
Do those shells have holes drilled into them?

Nice birds.

Some of those points are so beautifully delicate...if thats the standard for that site..you better dig softly.
Marcos it could be, it's a big un

It's a "bird" knife........just like a San Jacinto. And a darn nice one too. kudos!

gee man those are some sweeties

Thanks for all the comments guys! Teh, as far as can tell those hole have been there for a while because they are definitely not fresh.

We scored a couple more points over the weekend. LOTS of snail, muscle, flint and bone coming from the top layer. We have already found quite a few small pieces of pottery. I decided to go deeper and found another layer about 8 inches below the birdies. Not sure on the age yet because i haven't found any points down there.

all right scotty im gonna b waiting for a call soon we need to get out together

Nice birds, looks like your in a good camp. I am sure the blades will show up for you soon.