Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Christners Help.

Hey all, I live in OK, and since there are no screen digs going on I am going to cave in, and do it the hard way by hand digging. Gotta get my TX fix somehow. It's been over a year since I dug with my boy Nacho. I'm Jonesin to find some more of those rootbeer flint points!

My question is do the rent out wiggle pics there? If not, what is the next best thing to use? I have a regular pick, a rock hammer, and of course a shovel. I'm pretty sure the shovel won't work though.

Also, if anybody doesn't mind showing an Okie around, or digging with me I plan on going down on the 9th, 10th, or 11th of July (Mon - Wed).

Thanks for any help!

Re: Christners Help.

Richard sometimes has a loaner WP..call/ask

Shovel is very good for shifting the dugout dirt. Your bound to be digging where other diggers have left off and so will have an overhang...not good for a big swing pick...even a sharpened ( and hooked ) screwdriver is a
very cheap high efficiency tool.

Cut the head off a golf club ( from a thrift store )..good for a "surfacing" stick. Creek beds are pretty dry.

At this time, best suggestion might be to check the rain % predictions for Moody TX (WEATHER.COM) for the days your interested in..

Brad Sanders
I plan on going down on the 9th, 10th, or 11th of July (Mon - Wed).

Thanks for any help!

Whats the plan

Hal, it looks like Wed. Have to go see the in laws mon, and tue. If I get to go Wed I'll have to leave here around 4 30 or 5 am to get there by 9 am. I'm looking forward to doing some digging though. It's been way too long.

Also, thanks for the input!

Badger & I are going to walk around in the rain there tomorrow.

What is this "rain" you speak of? Ha!

Good luck.

Brad Sanders
What is this "rain" you speak of?

We made the mistake ( again) of believing the WX man..

Rained some at C3 SU,,,no problem on roads, just slightly moist digging soil.....BUT.......It must have been 101% HUMIDITY with hot cloudless sky all day..

As I type this now,,,a MONSTER rain system has rolled over C3 and is about to hail dent some Vehicles in the Aus area...

Another after rain surfacing opportunity

O

O
O
o
o
o

b
l
u
b

b
l
u
b

Still waiting for this rain you speak of down here in my area. Still don't know what it is.

Tehuacana
Still waiting for this rain you speak of down here in my area.

How about right NOW ?

Yep, strange looking stuff. Must be alien in origin..
I hadn't seen anything like it in years. It's even wet.