Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dog foot...?

yeah .. i use photoshop website to host my pics.. .i'll just post the link..i'll look into photobucket..

thanks guys..

got it!!! ....if you look at the right impression at the top... you can see the what looks like a pad/nail

Most dogs are originally descended from wolves. And wolves have very large paws. Studies of fossils have indicated that wolf like animals have existed ever since prehistoric times. However, the first evidences of dogs being bred from wolves by humans is believed to be more than 15,000 years ago. So I would say your impressions are natural inclusions. Your rock is considerably older than what appears to be a dog print. Just my humble opinion. Hal is the rock guy so lets see what he has to say. It's a great conversation piece!

Hi my name is mark I'm from Louisiana I live in montgomery ct. Tx . I walk the creeks and rivers here and don't find any sign of Indians ever being here ,not one stinking chip! Would someone help me out ? If the shoe were on the other foot ,I would not only tell u a killer spot ,I would take u to lots of them.where I'm from there's enough for everyone, u could never find them all! (please help thank)

True, thanks for your comments.

Only reason I think it's a print of something, is if you zoom in on the upper right pad... You can clearly see a nail indentation....but I coiuld be reaching...thanks again......

I'd say a "reaching" rock would be a fair classification. Flint show this Saturday,Good chance to ask Dwain R

M, My best suggestion is to modify your viewpoint to more positive like: " There was a LOT of ancient people of various tribes in Montgomery county, I just have to harder "

Your area is far enough E to find some Caddoan ( Mississippian ) pottery chards, chances of finding artifacts made from petrified wood better than CTex.
Caddoans had copper objects, metal detect select areas ?

No one can give you an exact location or they would be there themselves but you might get some really close clues by checking back records...
Type in some key words in the 'search ' block above like: "EAST TEXAS" ..."lAKE LIVINGSTONE"
hit " view entire thread" if applicable...

Look ESPECIALLY for postings by ROY..... E TX surfacers flip when he posts his finds

Mark....Im actually from Montgomery county and have done a lot of surface hunting out there...Its a lot harder there in east tx than it is out in the tx hill country because of the extreme pine growth and brush everywhere...the points i have found out there have been on the tops of hills, in/near creeks and washouts at the bottoms of those hills, out in clear cuts loggers have recently cut down, commercial developments in early stages before they build pads/after they've cleared timber near creeks/fingers of rivers like the san jacinto, and the best places I've ever found em was in lakes along the banks when water is low, on sandbars/islands all by the main flow/course of the river flowin through. Actually theres a lot of surface hunters on lake conroe...go to the North end, near the bridge over White Oak creek flowin into the lake and check out the banks..watch the game wardens....and Hal's right about all the caddoan stuff out there, lots of petrified wood points, (people still find points out of early spanish stained church glass) and ceremonial mounds near caddoan and bedias camps in the area... but its hard huntin out thataway,