Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
LIGHTNING STRIKES THRICE

End of the day's dig finds are neat...also a good chance to see if any matches of broken pieces can be
found. This is Friday 7-27

Photobucket

Ace, Nacho's boy took matching parts very serious

Photobucket

To everyone's surprise and delight....He had the base that fit Jake's tip...broken in antiquity....Jake
went home with a great Marshall

Photobucket

The base can be seen in the top pic in the group of Ace's finds, left of the KK..
Jakes tip is in the group just above the KK

Photobucket

The good luck lightning struck again the next day...
Ace again....found a big tip that he remembered looked
similar to the big base that John found...they did match..broken in antiquity.

Photobucket

This impresed Bob enough to take his big Perd base around to the other tables....WHAM >>> BINGO....
Louis had the tip also an old break,,,so now we had 2
FIVE INCH long perds ...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next dig check your finds for more lucky strikes

Re: LIGHTNING STRIKES THRICE

That's like that two piece Perd we found out at Palmer's. Sheer luck that both pieces ended up on our table, but in two different loads. Those are some reall killer points they found.

Nice report Hal. Jake is supposed to be sending me a pic of that Marshall all cleaned up. He said it is a dark rootbeer color with blue swirls in it. He said it is his best find of both days. He had a bunch of good finds too. If I get the pic I will try to post it with his ok.

Also, if anyone wants to sell their brokes from these 2 days let me know. I'm looking for more study pieces.

That Marshall is awesome, looking forward to the clean pic.

The Marcos is definately a match, the other two look like wishful thinking at best.

Roy Mills
The Marcos is definately a match, the other two look like wishful thinking at best.

The other two are definite matches. The flake scars match up, and do not lie. The two toned perd either had one broken half in a fire, or maybe a different type of soil. Several people can attest to this. People that were there, and held them in their hands.

I believe Ace deservers a free dinner!!!

Love it when the pieces match up.

I hated to be a party pooper at the time of the initial posting, so no comment was made. Now that Roy has observed the fact that the emporer has no clothes, I will second the observation that on the two points in question, neither the lithics or structures match up.

Matt
I hated to be a party pooper at the time of the initial posting, so no comment was made. Now that Roy has observed the fact that the emporer has no clothes, I will second the observation that on the two points in question, neither the lithics or structures match up.

BEEEEEEEEEEEP

WRONG ANSWER!

Re: LIGHTNING STRIKES

Lightning strikes may no longer be a logical analog for matching broken points when there are many people on many screening tables...It's just a matter of
everyone displaying their finds at the end of the day..
Here are two more matches from Barksdale site 9/22/12, both broken in antiquity

Nacho's find..

Photobucket

The missing piece never showed up

Photobucket

Elaine found the base segment, the sliver of tip & edge was on SH's table.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket