Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
4 CLIFF ASHBAUGH ( LeakywikiCliff ! )

You rascal Cliff ... How'd you know about Juno ..
That was just a one day look, Nach isn't ready for
a formal grand opening yet !!

So here's a quickie...
We met up with the land owner at a major road intersection just N of Juno...read the historical marker while we waited..

Photobucket

How's THIS for a welcome mat

Photobucket

Just a very small one...right at the base of the marker ( lying in wait for unsuspecting tourists ?? )

Photobucket

Lot of time riding around the million acres looking at fire rock camps

Photobucket

Chose a likely one to test ....Three foot thick fire rock, flint rich red dirt under..

Photobucket

2 hours screening results, it proves out occupation...mostly Pandales in that hole...

Photobucket

WOW ...It's really HOT in that part of the world ...
Some camps right on The Devils river..plenty water for flint washing

Re: 4 CLIFF ASHBAUGH ( LeakywikiCliff ! )

Ok I confess , it was the satellite tracking devise that alerts me to when you get near any place you might try to swim in to wash flint. Looks like Sanderson , where we hunt flint , if you can send me a email , I will send you some pictures of middens like that one from Terrall County , always wanted to see what those mounds from country im familiar with look like , when cut away .!

This original posting brought forward 11-9-12 for the pictures.

This was the test dig 7-31-12 at Juno TX

Nacho Starts regular public dig Nov 17 & 18 '12

Looks good for two hrs of screening, did the makers of these points have the fine craftsmanship of the folks over in the nueces canyon area?

Sure would like to get out there on the first dig, kinda looks like you could find a bucket full!!

Just BEAN looking around searched juno named from old resturant,served only beans, customers asked what's on the menu, owner say's
you knowww!!

S, Oh what a change in the people and places... ....only 45 minutes from Broadway

Straight line, Barks to Juno is 70 miles, look at the difference in terrain. I would say nothing matches the Nueces river quality ( and flint? ) but a full day with a larger number of people working will be more revealing. No matter what, some collectors should be interested in finding artifacts from a different part of Tx from the usual hill country fare. I'll be there.

Learned something new again this morn...while measuring that distance between points I accidentally located PANDALE, I presume the namesake of the points we found on the test dig, 25 miles NW of Juno.

Wait til you see " Juno " ...Anyone who has ever been to "Wall Drugstore " in S Dakota will see a similarity.
I'll get a next time out...
Beans ONLY menu....no wonder they are closed

SH

Wait til you see " Juno " ...Anyone who has ever been to "Wall Drugstore " in S Dakota will see a similarity.
I'll get a next time out...

Here it is...Juno Texas. No more beans ! Note morning rush hour traffic

Photobucket

Photobucket

Look at these mileage signs,,,,, Timbucktoo had similar signs when it was a boom town !

Photobucket

Photobucket

Even more mind boggling is that somebody is opening up ANOTHER cafe right down the road ( note new sign on front fence.)

Photobucket

The new location does not have any road signs yet

Photobucket

All I can figure is that it's tied to the Boom town explosion of Austin Texas, probably a sharp California corporation getting the first jump on the Juno Boom....Should be a Walmart, apartments and a football stadium here soon.