Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Andice Tx. 8-5-12

Not bad for half a day. Looks like you got back in the birds a little, that last one is pretty sweet. One more week and I'll be sifting em up myself, starting to get the itch pretty bad.

Thats a lot of good artifacts, well worth the effort ( as long as it's someone else's effort )
Here's a negative observation that does not reflect on the finders..
That beautiful Scallorn closeup pegs the date to possibly as recent as Columbus making landfall.
Imagine how those people were living ( surviving ) right there in Central TX...
You have been digging there for a long time ....No pottery, no gorgets (of any material), no beads, no etched stones, no worked shell products..
In other words, at that late date in time they were existing pretty much as Neanderthals 35 thousand yrs earlier. If Columbus and the following invasion had not killed off most of the native people where would evolution have taken tribes like these ??

Heavy thinking ...Good finds show

Hal, your right about us digging this sight for awhile. It's not the most productive sight at all, but it's worth it when you find the a nice one. I did find one incised rock at this bird mound, here's the pic.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Looks like maybe your diggging in a fire midden, is there more/better sites near...maybe a camp site?

There is a midden next to this camp were digging. It's basically a packed mound of rock and we haven't found much in it. The camps are all pretty rocky looking in this area. I'm hoping to get into a better area next week while Im there. Do a little test digging in the flats around the known mounds, maybe I'll get lucky.

G-town digger
I'm hoping to get into a better area next week while Im there. Do a little test digging in the flats around the known mounds,

Your coming from a polar region to dig Texas in August ...Your body is in for a shock

That rock is indeed a good find. It actually supports my thoughts on so little artifacts other than flint....
Of all the hundreds ( or thousands ) of people that the flint shows were there, was there only one artist ??

We did find half a gorget at that site some drills
and a lot of high quality brokes. theres one comeing
that is going to blow minds.still plenty left to dig on Im working on getting that big yelow wiggle pick
out there get ready for pumpathon

Im crossing my fingers on that mechanical wiggle pick permission, it would save some work for sure. I think the best points are yet to come, just have to find the right camp. Pumpathon 2012 starts this weekend one way or the other.

Flo-town digger
Im working on getting that big yelow wiggle pick
out there get ready for pumpathon

WOW...one cubic yard every 5 minutes the mind boggles