Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

WELCOME TO  " POINT CHATTER "

THIS WEBSITE CATERS TO ADULTS BUT THERE ARE SOME KIDS AROUND
PLEASE MAKE YOUR OWN CHOICES ON WHAT YOU READ
Do not post URL's to other websites in the messgae board - There is NO ADVERTISING in the message board.
Dont post phone numbers - You will get prank called at ALL hours of the night believe me
PAY DIG SITES ARE NOT ILLEGAL - DON'T DIG PUBLIC/ LCRA/ PROTECTED SITES
Please feel free to use the newly added message board
categories to expand your experience here with us

Forum: Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Andice Tx. 8-5-12

Looks like maybe your diggging in a fire midden, is there more/better sites near...maybe a camp site?

There is a midden next to this camp were digging. It's basically a packed mound of rock and we haven't found much in it. The camps are all pretty rocky looking in this area. I'm hoping to get into a better area next week while Im there. Do a little test digging in the flats around the known mounds, maybe I'll get lucky.

Quote: G-town digger
I'm hoping to get into a better area next week while Im there. Do a little test digging in the flats around the known mounds,

Your coming from a polar region to dig Texas in August ...Your body is in for a shock

That rock is indeed a good find. It actually supports my thoughts on so little artifacts other than flint....
Of all the hundreds ( or thousands ) of people that the flint shows were there, was there only one artist ??

We did find half a gorget at that site some drills
and a lot of high quality brokes. theres one comeing
that is going to blow minds.still plenty left to dig on Im working on getting that big yelow wiggle pick
out there get ready for pumpathon

Quote: Flo-town digger
Im working on getting that big yelow wiggle pick
out there get ready for pumpathon

WOW...one cubic yard every 5 minutes the mind boggles