Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sweet little G9 Blade

We had a chance to get out the last couple days. Finally!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Maybe a little bowl?

Photobucket

Re: Sweet little G9 Blade

That IS a handsome blade, kinda steals the show from the other finds that are fine in their own right. Dare we call it a Plainview?
And how about that broken one on the right...Looks very much like a Martindale. So does that indicate a very old lower level.?..or did some of the Darl families' kids bring home local finds and they got mixed with their younger surface surroundings ?

Thanks, The blade and other finds came from a couple ft. deep, my thought on the blade is Darl. The broke on the right has a diggers chip out of the base, kinda misleading in pic, i think it is a ensor.

Went to the bottom which is about 7ft.deep and did not find to much. That is alot of dirt to move and not alot of reward! This one did come off bottom.

Long eared Marshall

Photobucket

Nice finds Sandman! Looks Plainview to me as well. Sweet blade no matter the make. Congrats. Kris

Well those are still very nice pieces AND....they are getting older every day
Any guestimates what that 7 foot deeper base is ?? I cant peg it but it doesn't look Paleo

I was thinking Marshall?

Sandman,

The long wing isn't typical but the part looks more Martindale or Uvalde to me than Marshall.

Just a guess.

john h

j haberer

The long wing isn't typical but the part looks more Martindale or Uvalde to me than Marshall.

Just a guess....john h

It's a very small piece to deal with but that long wing does it for me, I vote Marshall ( from the 7 foot deep Marshal clan )
I've had a few really tough hand digging deep test holes...The deeper I get the more I " Please Lord...DONT let me find ANYTHING down here "