Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BARKSD ( day 2 of 3 )

i see a sweet, big ol perd in there!!

Hal it was a pleasure sharing a table with you Sunday. Me, and Jake should've stayed the whole day. It would've been cheaper because I got a speeding ticket on the way home in Concho county. Durn THP couldn't give an Okie a break.

It doesn't look like much came out after we left. I'll go ahead and ask, did anything nice land on our table later that day?

Brad Sanders

It doesn't look like much came out after we left. I'll go ahead and ask, did anything nice land on our table later that day?

I wasn't going to say anything, no sense making somebody feel bad but You asked for the report.

Tony took over your whole side since there was only 2 of us the table..
Long about 2 O'Clock the dozers ran right into a Perd area...a number of really BIG points came out...including what was your side

Photobucket

Brad Sanders

It doesn't look like much came out after we left.

Just to clarify this part B, I'd say in total we got about 75% the amount that was found Saturday....a few people left mid afternoon and some didn't have the time for the layout so it's hard to visualise the overall....
I'm still waiting for some of the film to dry and when those pics go up it might enhance the bottom line ( tee hee )

The Okie's night camp right next to the dig piles..( they were right at home at that dust bowl )

Photobucket

SH's camp under the spreading Pecan tree...
( anybody notice the armadillo crossing the road ? )

Photobucket

Jake's Lajita is big enough to see from a distance..

Photobucket

Richard found a textbook classic ( twisted ) Pandale

Photobucket

THEN,,a bit later he got a really nice Langtry ( the sharp wings had been worked off ) ... ( look at the look on Mickey's face towards his table mate that was finding all the points... )

Photobucket

Will won the Nacho award for the dirtiest shirt ..

Photobucket

SH
The Okie's night camp right next to the dig piles..( they were right at home at that dust bowl )

Haha! Didn't know you were lurking around in the dark. I slept like a baby.

Lunch time

Photobucket

Mark A Sr. showed some of his finds from a private dig earlier still along the Nueces..

Photobucket

A "pile" of not so delicate finds...some broken,,,some not. All gorgeous flint

Photobucket

Lunch over

Photobucket

Larry's blade ( not in end pics as he left at 3 PM )

Photobucket

Photobucket

Brad got the only KK

Photobucket

James found a beautifull blade that got a lot of attention

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The skidsters dug into an area that had some nice big Perds for many screeners

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Someone's stash of found pieces, note soda bottle with big bone for scale

Photobucket

This is a nice enthusiasm builder when a piece is laying right on top when they dump the dirt...

Photobucket

finds;

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mickey's translucent...

Photobucket

Tony's translucent...

Photobucket

Jamses collection before he left early,,take special note of the Bone bead ( Jake found a matching bead on another table )

Photobucket

. . . . . . . . 4:45 PM

Photobucket

Thanks for all the pics Hal. Real nice job. Is that a bone bead in your pile of dirt (Pic of you holding my KK)? Probably not, but looks like it.

Also, were any whole Perds found after we left? The one you found is a heartbreaker.

Brad Sanders
Thanks for all the pics Hal. Real nice job. Is that a bone bead in your pile of dirt (Pic of you holding my KK)? Probably not, but looks like it.
Also, were any whole Perds found after we left? The one you found is a heartbreaker.

It DOES look like a bead, hard to believe I would have missed that if it shows up so good in a pic.....Too late now
As we said when Jake found that first one, seems logical that there should be a lot more as just a one bead display doesn't seem right.

Very few Perds all 3 days and most of those were no larger than medium size.

Don't feel bad. We probably all overlooked a bead or two. As many gorgets as were found I can't help but think I missed one or two of those as well.