Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A real LABOR day weekend at BARKSDALE ( DAY 1 OF 3 )

Nice report Hal, but it's Okie JAKE, not Jack! Lol!

David checks out the excavation in front of the house..
Note very black strata with plenty of fire rock...it proved to be rich in bird point and younger archaic tribes like Frio's...
The Angosturas , Martindales ( and Andice ? ) are in the yellow lowest level.
Sounds like the perfect situation BUT looking for tiny bird points in the same bucket load of material as 6 inch blades is a slow down..

Photobucket

Second point of the morn

Photobucket

Mickey was one happy mouse with this 5 incher..

Photobucket

general overview

Photobucket

CT Ed came across a nice LaJita ( while David concientiously keeps slugging )

Photobucket

Photobucket

And David's reward for all that resolute work....

Photobucket

Photobucket

That Frio in the green bucket may have been the best one I saw. It sure got my hopes up that morning. Sadly most of the many I found were broken.

Lunch time.

Photobucket

James washes off some flint

Photobucket

Photobucket

Spencer found a Friday style blade - 6 and one quarter inches

Photobucket

A SH Martindale

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was a tremendous " Whoop " From the Okie table..

Photobucket

It was well justified, a really big, well made and proportioned Kinney for Jake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

more after dig show N tell

Photobucket

Photobucket

These are Nacho's personal finds from Thursday before the weekend crew arrived, still out on the front lawn..

Photobucket

All the day's blades...( missing is Larry & James's blades who left early but seen in the pics above )

Photobucket

Here are my finds from Saturday, and the 1st half of Sunday Hal. Nothing spectacular, but it was fun.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Kerrville
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You really did go heavy on the Frios!
Really heavy on the blade bases & tips as is my collection...thats consistant will all the bone fragments we were finding.
Now I wish I really put an effort to finding matching pieces at the end of day layout, I see you got a couple of drill pieces...me too.

Check that point in the top pic, second row down, R of the white one...Could that be a Backer ?? A number of those were found and diagnosed as Gower because of the pinched in base. As per Doc H, the Baker has a very limited range.
Good show.

I tabbed it as a Baker when I 1st found it. My daughter found a Baker of the same material on the back side of the house in Feb 2011. The one next to it may also be a Baker. That or a Gower.

The one that has me intrigued is the broken point featured just above the broken Langtry. It looks like the base of a darl blade, but I've never seen a Darl from this place. Next guess would be Gahagan, or Mineral Springs. I sure would like some input on that piece. It has some nice flaking on both sides.

I'm going over to Jakes tonight to try to match some bases to tips. He found over 200 pieces counting brokes. Maybe one of us will get lucky.