Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BARKSDALE (day 3 of 3 )

Brad Sanders
Too bad there is no group pic. I heard 2 more big blades came out. Anything else killer pop out?

I left at noon....Nach sent me a phone pic of a big blade the black snowman got,,other than that I'm not sure.
Lotta people must have been backyard BBQing, there was only about 11 people there ( not counting Nach. )
With a drowned camera, I would have had to do scetches like they did 100 yrs ago

At dawn of the 3rd day the landowners front lawn was gone..

Photobucket

This pic fits to the right of the above.

Photobucket

James & Brother John ( thats brother, not a friar ) hard at work

Photobucket

Chris enjoying John's just found blade ( Chris did not have one of his own ! )

Photobucket

This may be the last U/W pic before my camera took on a lungful of juice.

Photobucket

One last blurry try..this is the Gorget piece that Sandman found. Bit different, has 4 drilled holes

Photobucket

I have no idea how to do the simple process of getting pics off a phone OR even Emails onto this site posting...So here is 2 pics of my phone that Nach
sent me Monday afternoon as I was driving home...

Snowman got a beautiful blade

Photobucket

Another Gorget. Appears to be whelk shell. And a Sans Andice ( "Sans" is french for WITHOUT barbs )
Add these to the end of dig pics that I dont have !

Photobucket

I stoped screening mid morning to go after a special project that needed to be done with a high sun...
I located a section of river at the north end of the property that has 4 foot deep water....>

Photobucket

These aint no common Perch !

Photobucket

The white non plant areas are springs bubbling up ( just like at Aquarena springs...) the clarity is super, at least 50'

Photobucket

The project that took me away from the screen is a test of the Mark one Scowyak or as some might refer to it as a ' glass bottom boat '

Photobucket

It will eventually have a bolt on stern section ( two piece for easier portability )

Photobucket

What a great view.

Photobucket

It's not just for flint but just "pleasure " boating, looking at the nature scene.

Photobucket

Fish eye skyshot of my one hour's finds that morn.

Photobucket

My camera drowned after this swim

Hal, your phone should have a usb cable that came with it. You can plug it from your phone to your computer, and download your phone pics to your 'puter. Save them, and move them to photobucket.

Your "boat" should come in handy when searching creeks for pointy rocks!

This gorget / pendant was machine broken getting it to the screen table.

Photobucket

Just got this phone pic from Nach of it glued back together

Photobucket

Now we see more detail..check all those small decorative detents...

Sandy...this seems to have some similarity to your find....numerous rim holes and the "line " equivalent to the detents..

So they may be more of a pendant. I hope someone pulls a complete one out!