Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Wager-For Tom C

As we prepare for a weekend screen dig a bet has been made. On Sunday the Flint King will be crowned. I will be digging with the famous Tom C out of Florida whose only claim to fame is Coral points. Now that he has been introduced to Texas flint the bet is on! To the victor.. one six pack of beer (winners choice). To the loser... better luck next time.. Best be ready Mr. C.

This is what he would like...

001-32

This is what he usually finds.

002-21

Best of luck old (old) buddy.

Re: The Wager-For Tom C

To: Bondo Bill from Boise, your on but leave the super glue in Houston.

To: Bondo Bill from Boise, your on but leave the super glue in Houston.

Hey, thats a good idea, a nice friendly competition among screeners. Adds a flavor of hysterical competition like football rather than just a leisurely day in the outdoors.

What are the game rules in case others are interested ?
How is the winner chosen?
Based on what ?...Like;

-FLINT QUALITY
-WORKMANSHIP
-SIZE ( credit for smallest & largest? )
-RARITY OF A PIECE
-POINT FOUND FARTHEST OUT IT'S HOME RANGE
-"G" RATING CONSIDERATION
-POINTS FOR HEAVIEST FIND (manos, matates, spanish helmets etc )
-BROKES,( points for quantity found ? or by weight ? )
-BONES & TEETH ( how many points per each )
-ANIMAL (bones & teeth) any points for oldest, extinct or endangered ?
-MODERN FINDS ( pull tabs etc )
-DIRTIEST CLOTHES at end of day
-PENALTY POINTS .. for contestants bringing in "finds" from EBay or another site !

Who or what judging entity will make the final decision on a winner ?

Whomever finds the best artifact. It must be a point. Paint bowls, Manos, Ocre and extra large buffalo teeth do not count. Corner Tangs and Andice are worth extra points. The wager will end saturday at the end of digging. The coronation will take place at the nearest pub.

Hal, the pressure is on the shoulders of the "Bondo Boy" from Boise as he is already down 1-0. He can't afford this loss as I will be going home shortly and uncatchable at 2-0. A years worth of groveling is in store for "Mr. Potatohead" unless he can win and if not, I own him. For me, it's easy as if I were to lose, it's oh well, we are even. I won the first match on the first screen and that could happen again. It's almost "smack time".

This is SERIOUS !
Puts me in mind of the sheep shearing contest in the movie " THE SUNDOWNERS "
The pressure is on ...NO breaks ( either for cigs or pee )..." SCREEN TIL YOU DROP "

The world awaits the outcome

He has gone to the Alamo on the way to Bandera seeking inspiration? I think it'sn "omen" that he is finding!!!

He has gone to the Alamo on the way to Bandera seeking inspiration? I think it'sn "omen" that he is finding!!!

Tom's first find of the day was a broken Mano. If this is any indication I will own him mid-morning. Stay tuned for updates.

. . . . . . . . . . . BONG.. . . . .QUITTIN TIME

The official diggin day's been over for 9 minutes already and haven't heard a peep about who won
. . . . .

I will have a report in tomorrow with loads of pictures. Tom will now submit as he came in dead last. The winner will take the spoils. I own him.

on a side note tom beat me with his mano, i guess my boohoo streak must go on. Tom snd I idsho it was good hangin with yall

Snoop, I enjoyed talking with you alot more than the parrot I was digging with. Lets do it again.

All kidding aside, it was fun and we had a great time. Now for the hardest part, I lost and BAD.

Grovels are appreciated! Looking forward to the next one. Some days your the statue, some days the pigeon. Lets make plans for the next dig. You can only lose twice.