Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Backhoe & Operator for Rent

Backhoe and operator avalible for rent, $100 an hour, 8 hour min (time starts from time I leave my house and continues until time I leave dig site, same rate if tractor is sitting or being used so be ready to dig). Must have place to dig. No limit to person at dig 1 or 100. You are responsible for any fees with using tractor on place. Bad cell reception most days shoot me an email for questions or to set up time and place.

Re: Backhoe & Operator for Rent

That's a little pricey, we can rent on for a quarter of that cost.

$100/hr!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I would jump all over that. $25 an hour doesn't pay for fuel

Sounds like your maths a little off. A min of 8hrs is not 25 dollars.

100 x .25%=$25, his math was right. I'm not a backhoe operator, but I'd have to agree with James, fuel cost would probably be near that $25 per hour.

Yeah prob so but one tank will las longer than one hour more like one day. If using for arrowhead digging can prob get multiple days on one tank. I own one. A hundred dollars an hour is a dream

U.S. Nationwide backhoe services average $70-$90 per hour depending on location and size and type of backhoe being used. If you think James' prices are too high, don't hire him.

I am always amazed by people who complain about what a business owner charges for services. My wife and I own and operate a mobile home moving company. The operating costs are so high, sometimes I think I would be better off being a WalMart door greeter! My Insurance alone for two trucks runs $1,300.00 per month ! and Fuel. yea ok at $4 a gal now,hmmm . So If we pull trucks onto a job site and the customer does not have their part done. such as trees in the way,fences. decks. I charge $200.00 per hour per truck for the trucks to sit on standby !
When I have someone say, ( thats too high) my reply is simple. you can hire me. you can find someone cheaper. or you can invest a couple of hundred grand ond open your company and not hire anyone!

The American Free Enterprise System always works in the long run unless some clowns from the Government step in and say, "We're here to help."

I get $75 hr and $100 hr to hoe ram
time starts when I begin working
ends when I leave for the day
$100 a hour aint bad for a good size (426 cat or 310 size john deer)
tractor and a opreator with around 20 years experience
just my 2 cents

JD 310 is what I use. Just got back from 3 day dig with total $3100 no complaints from folks we were working for. This was our first arrow head dig, typically we do septic, storm shelters, tank digout and other construction but enjoyed it.

Thanks for everyone with realistic comments, I agree everyone these days want something for nothing, one of the down falls of America.

$85,000 tractor, $4 gallon diesel, $50,000 truck, $9,500 trailer, all the repairs, it all adds up and you get what you pay for when hiring servcies. There is a difference of "Joebob" digging and experienced operator.

I also dig septic systems mainly pools Ive run backhoes and other equ. for
15 years Ive been all over and havent hit any camps. I dug a pool in Georgetown there was a big mound 30 feet off the ridge close as ive ever come and the land owner wouldent let me dig worst tease ever. We got a $50,000 truck 2 $80,0000 tractors $13,000 trailer 2 $20,000 hammers.If you bolw a hose $100 and 5 gal of hydrolic oil $60 mess up a tire $300-$500 every 250 hrs change air, fule ,oil, hydro filters so yea if you charge less than $75-$100hr thers no money to be made