Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Merrell Point is Now a New Typed Point - Thanks Dr. Hester - Attn. Tehuacana

I've been wondering how long it would take to have the Merrell Point typed & included in a point reference. Well, the time has come as the latest "Stone Artifacts of Texas Indians" has it referenced on page 134 as an Early Archaic point that is associated to the Late Archic Frio & is also has the associated technology & temporally related to that of the Martindale point.
Thanks to Tehuacana for gifting me a set of this newly discovered type a few years ago when we mused about the possibility of it becoming an authentic point. I haven't checked Overstreet to see if they're on board with the new type & if so, I wonder what the value is of a better than average specimum?
I's also like to get the book at least autographed by Dr. Hester & if his associates are available to do the same, I'd be thrilled.

Re: Merrell Point is Now a New Typed Point - Thanks Dr. Hester - Attn. Tehuacana

Anytime Chuck. Sorry the mail was so slow. It took, what? three months to go from Pearsall to Austin? A 2 hour drive. Good old postal service, always dependable, even if a little slow.
You should be able to email him for getting your book signed. We'd gone to one of the signings in SA and got three copies signed by Dr. Hester, Turner, and the other two contributor/Authors. One, we donated to Digfest. Might be lucky enough to win that one as a door prize if your going.