Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Newly Typed Laguna Point

I've never ever seen a point like what's been newly typed in Dr. Hesters book, the Laguna. It's very simliar to an Andice/Bell but the ears tend to sweep upward. Does anyone have this point that would be willing to post a few pic's & details about digging it out from which layer & county?

Re: Newly Typed Laguna Point

I have only found one, out of pocket right now so no pics, most folks call them swept wing bell's and prolly will continue to. I found it in association with Marshall points

If I had even a piece of this beautiful point I would post...but I dont have one.. I have handled several examples at flint shows and the best examples
are really outstanding with sweep of the wings and craftsmanship, all came from the Nueces valley ( where the city of Laguna is located. )

Look at the estimated range of this type in the Doc's book ...VERY limited and practically only in a walking distance of Laguna city. Nueces river
translucent flint is a big plus.

Can anyone post a drawing of what we need to be looking for. Not asking for a work of art just something to give us an idea of what it looks like. Thanks

I loaned a Laguna point to Richard McReynolds for study and it ended up in their new book. (An illustration) Mine is the one found on Barton Creek, Travis county. The one with a short ear on one side. I will try to post an illustration. (The one in the book)

I have excellent pictures go the type. One in particular from Tom Christensens collection. As soo as I can recover my photbucket password I will post them.

Idahoe
I have excellent pictures go the type. One in particular from Tom Christensens collection. As soo as I can recover my photbucket password I will post them.

I just looked back at Tom's skyshot of July 22 that you Emailed me...I tried again...IMPOSSIBLE for me to get the pic over here. Readers are going to be pleased to see THAT Laguna..

James, we still would like to see your point that was bookworthy..
Based on the Doc's shaded range area for the type, your find must have been when the Laguna family was on a vacation at the far Eastern edge of their realm

I have excellent pictures of the type. One in particular from Tom Christensens collection. As soon as I can recover my photobucket password I will post them.

Idahoe
I have excellent pictures of the type. One in particular from Tom Christensens collection. As soon as I can recover my photobucket password I will post them.

Sounds like Ida's alzheimers is acting up again...he may not remember his password til we hear reindeer on the roof so here is a poor pic of the pic he sent me when he was well....>

Photobucket

This was found at the TJ dig N of BarksD...Look at those sweeping "wings"..thats as good as finding a delicate Andice whole..

Ida, get well soon ( still post original pic pls )

Chuck. Here is a perfect example of the type. Hal's picture was not the best so here is the original. Found by Tom "Uncle Mudge" Christensen at Barksdale on the Nueces a few months ago. A G-10 + for sure.

006-16

007-16

Even with no backlighting, thats very pretty flint. A fine example.
Going to be very interesting to see how Mr OverS prices this type in the next edition. Look at the present Bells'...kinda low priced until the huge examples that seem priced on size alone..
Then over to the Andice department ( 12th edition )..CRAZY
There's that complete $6,500 one and right next to it the very same size and quality of workmanship but missing one barb in antiquity...FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS

Laguna Tom's point should be in the new edition