Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
RUNNING STORY BROUGHT DOWN FROM " SIGN IN" TOPIC

Re: DIGFEST 2012 - SEPT 29-30, 2012 ****** SIGN UP RIGHT HERE ******
fROM; Anissa Camp
Due to the rain reschedule I won't be able to attend now. That's two years in a row. Really sucks. I have to request time off two weeks in advance so now I have a Sunday off with nothing to do, any suggestions? I was really looking forward to hunting for some artifacts

Re: RUNNING STORY BROUGHT DOWN FROM " SIGN IN" TOPIC

SH reply;

Rain is a blessing for surface hunters..Hit C3 on Sunday ( EARLY )especially Bill's camp that is not off limits and has been heavily scraped open...
Some parts of the dirt roads could be too muddy for some vehicles ( like my one wheel drive van )...
Park on the main road leaving room for other vehicles to pass and walk to your destination......Big note for Bill's camp visitors....
After check in at the garage, go back out the gate and turn left on the asphalt road then left again at the 1st asphalt road...go in the 1st gate on the left...Park there...Bill's camp is 6 minutes walk down the hill.

Nother suggestion, Checkout LONGS FISHING CAMP where Maverick digs. Look for basic directions & phone number at Google. LFC does not feature website info but look at the map...It's just West of Inks lake and that is GORGEOUS red granite country... No problem with muddy roads as it's all crushed granite.

Your not alone in the dilemma of getting a specific day off..... Getting over 100 people to free their schedules and meet at one location on one day should be in the Guiness book of records.

Anissa reply;

nks for all the suggestions. I ended up just picking up extra hours at my part time job since I always seem to be broke. I also have basically a one wheel drive suv, lol. It doesn't do good in mud.

I missed last years dig due to rain but I did make a trip down there on my own a while back. Surface hunted all over the place for a few hours and only found one sad point with both the tip and base broken off, where as at the digfest 2010 I found 2 partials, one full point and a hand ax. You think if I came down there on my own another time, in a couple weeks or so, there would still be stuff to find? Disappointed I cant make the digfest, but if you think I have a chance of finding stuff soon after, I might drive down and poke around on my own on a Friday (my regular day off both jobs). Or you think it would be better to wait several weeks until another big rain hits to wash stuff out?

I totally hear ya on trying to schedule over 100 ppl like that. What a nightmare. Even though I haven't been able to attend last or this year, I still appreciate that the Chrisners and Austin Diggers go to all the trouble to host such a cool event. Just makes me even more bummed that I am missing it again! lol

Thanks again for any tips!

This year's fresh earth moving for the whole DF weekend is in 5 different camps and is the most extensive ever....I for one will be one of the regulars that will be exploring these sites over the entire coming 12 months..
Impossible for just 100 diggers to clean out an area in two days....THEN..in 11 months when the finds are slowing down, I'll bring out my mega ton boulder moving equipment.

IF you wait for a rain to hunt,,,,you better be there when the last raindrop hits the ground otherwise you might see fresh footprints in the mud.

I've been checking WX.com every hour all day today ( Saturday 29th )...It was in the green all day with the exception of numerous times like right now ( 6:08 PM ) where C3 is in the red & yellow color The WX guru's had it right..monster rains...And Richard did well to put it off one week.

Here's a story that will endure with all the events of Digfest 12....

Numerous DF attendee Adrian..Flew in from VIRGINA ( the State ) Yesterday.
He had bought a non changeable air ticket so he had to use it or lose it.
He's been up there all day and leaves Monday.
He might have some mud digging stories to tell !
Many would know him on sight...back to frt pg..open " DIGFEST 2011 "..curor on the R, 50% down..pic on the left with green poncho....Continue down to 75%.. thats a BIG full format pic...Adrian is in the bottom R corner, black shirt..

POOR ADRIAN . I DUG WITH HIM AT DIGFEST 2010. DO YOU HAVE A WAY TO CONTACT HIM, I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE HIM TO MY HOUSE TO SHOW HIM SOME ARTIFACTS . HE IS GOOD PERSON . THANKS HAL

BIGBECK1817
POOR ADRIAN . DO YOU HAVE A WAY TO CONTACT HIM,

We have no phone or internet for him...Today ( Sunday ) is going to be a beautiful sunny/ warm day...after his day in a swampy morass yesterday, he is bound to be out somewhere on the C3 sites.
Call Richard to get a message to him to call you OR his number for you to call...It's the weekend, R & M dont get going til after 0830

If you do make contact with A, extend our best regards . . . .AND...ask if he found anything