Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DIGFEST 12 , BEST FIND OF THE WEEKEND

Pretend this is the front page

Chris Acree found this rare scribed stone

Photobucket

and the flip side.......

Photobucket

Re: DIGFEST 12 , BEST FIND OF THE WEEKEND

Glad to see that Chris found that. He's a good digger and a super nice fellar. Probably one of the friendliest diggers you'll ever meet. Good job Chris!

Aww Travis Your way too nice. I met that guy a few times. He will snag your find off the screen. J/K Mr Ay Kree iz awright.

Leonard don't be hatin.

Thanks Hal and Travis!!! It was pretty interesting to find something like that! It was a first for me!

We had a great time at Dig Fest and we are looking forward to next years!

"One man's treasures is another man's doodle " ( ? )
This item could be considered a real "conversation starter" at the slowest of Archeological parties..What was the artists mindset ?

The B side has about 7 extra lines than side A, bisecting the rectangles..An experiment with decorative variety ?
With the entire state made out of limestone, why did the artist select such a poor working piece ?
Those lines took some artistic and physical effort...Had they not yet invented the observation .." if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right " ?

I suspect it was made by a person that didn't whittle or knap to keep the hands occupied while having a rap session around the fire.

Whatta you make of it ?

I wonder if its just by chance that theres apprx 10 lines horizontally, and 10 lines vertically. Just the way it was made or with special meaning to this.Was this piece intact or broken? Maybe a way to number days,seasons,phases of the moon a calendar of sorts. Regardless Ive had access to some quality sites, and know its a rare find.

Very nice rock, congratulations ! I have a few of these and enjoy seeing examples. Double sided is a nice plus too!

That is a real nice find. Doodling? Tally Marks? Calender?

Game Stone?

Just another thing that may never be answered for sure!

Way to go Good job Chris. c-ya soon

Thanks everyone!!

I'll see you this weekend Dee!