Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Point ID

My son found this yesterday while surface hunting..... i've seen it before but cant remember the name.... base and tip are both broke, but really beautiful workmanship!

long time lurker..... digfest pics are awesome... i need to make it out and meet some of ya'll kats!

Thanks guys....

Re: Point ID

Broke Perdiz?... i'm just takin a stab..

Tough without a base. My vote is Bonham. What part of Texas was it found?

bonham is what i think also

With a length of 1 13/16 inches; and an overall fantasy of 2 3/8 to 2 1/2
inches, I guestimate Split Base Ensor.
Gorgeous flint & workmanship

fayette county texas......

thanks guys!.. yeah one of the better birds found on our ranch.....

My other birdies...........

Thats a very nice selection of finds. Comparing the latest find to all the other flint types, it seems a bit of an anomoly. That beautiful translucent flint seems more typical for points west ( like Georgetown ? )...possibly brought to your area by a roving hunter ?

i'm thinking..... from what i got from the old man who owned the land before us, is that there was a road that connected bastrop to giddings, that passed through our property...said there was a watering hold, (which is now our house pond)....that they would rest at......

if you drive down 153 .. you can see some of the old road bed..... its pretty neat.. but we have allot of diversity of points and tools...

thanks again for looking!