Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Spud.

For you Hal. Be in Texas next weekend. On Tap for Christners if your not sleeping. It's time for the Tang find. You available to take pictures? Ha!

Re: The Spud.

Thank Goodness, I hope this is not just an idle threat as it could be the last chance to dig before the end of the world day ..

I'll be there at to

Ida, I spent 8 hours at C3 today..
5 hrs doing test holes in various areas......Finally located the perfect spot.
Almost no one knows about this area...parking is 18 feet from the pay dirt,
Not very far for you to tote your tools, cooler and lawn chair and return finds to the safety deposit box of the vehicle..

Spent 3 hours cleaning your area then removing the top one foot of potting soil so you wont waste any time.. ( see pic )

Photobucket

Here's a sample of what I found just organising

Photobucket

I'm sure I could have found much more but I didn't want to touch the best layers that is reserved for you..( sorry about finding a mano )

Photobucket

I didn't find out til I got home that you cancelled out..>

Another idle threat !

Ok Hal. You save that hole. I will be there soon. You can keep the Mani. Save the Tangs for me. Nice pics.

Ida, I spotted a new area at C3 yesterday you might have some interest in trying on your visit ( if it's still on )...I only had an hour to spend on this spot but the finds there might stir your interest.

Photobucket

Note the antifreeze got the dog through a very cold night

Photobucket

Photobucket

There are drawbacks though...the spot is over 50 feet from the closest vehicle parking and I didn't move any of the top overburden

Ok. You have my full attention. Need a pic of the group cleaned up. Quite the finds. All in one hour? Apparently you need to hide this spot until the old spud comes to help you excavate. Too many points for your old bones to dig. I look forward to dogging with you. Except this time we are are not cutting down trees to find points. Geesh..

Ok. You have my full attention. Need a pic of the group cleaned up. Quite the finds. All in one hour? Apparently you need to hide this spot until the old spud comes to help you excavate. Too many points for your old bones to dig. I look forward to dogging with you. Except this time we are are not cutting down trees to find points. Geesh..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Real nice finds Hal, Some good looking perds in that pile!

Not a speck of black flint in the bunch. Very unusual for christners, strange looking "ash" covering on everything too. Can't be too careful dealing with Hal. There's some nice older stuff in the bunch.

G-town digger
Not a speck of black flint in the bunch. Very unusual for christners,

Good Eye G....I was just trying to keep Idahoe's enthusiasm at a peak so he works hard on his upcoming dig visit ( threatened visit )
All the flint is out of the Starr ranch bucket...as you well know, 94% of the flint on that property was light grey to pure white.

I didn't think people from N Dakota, Tibet and Idaho would notice the difference
Funny thing is that the C3 "regulars" that see this posting will have that whole area dug out before Ida even sets foot in TX