Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Last couple of decent finds.

Got a whole from a surface hunt over the thanksgiving weekend ( square baser ) Then, I popped out that Castro ? day before yesterday. Starting to feel more like good diggin weather around here. Enjoy ! Kris
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: Last couple of decent finds.

Those are real beaut's. I like the two colored point, neat looking coloration on the base.

Nice finds, there's nothing like coming home with complete points!

Nice patination. Left enough of the original color. Always a no brainer with those. No COA needed.

Kris
Castro ?

Big is beautiful..Those would have been destined for some of the larger dart shafts of the time .. good finds.

We note that little punctuation mark after "Castro"...
Put the on "Williams" and see if the P mark changes

Thanks Y'all. Could be a Williams Hal ? Corner notch large late Archaic points are hard for me to differentiate. Marcos, Marshall, Castro ,and Williams are going to be tough for me forever I guess I like finding them especially with ears just as well as nice Perds or Nolans. I have not found a pretty Montell yet. I'm also in search of my first Clovis Happy Hunting Y'all