Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Recent Surface Finds

I went out 11/15 to my property and found these in about 2 hours...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After my first post here a guy contacted me from this site and he actually lives about 15-20 minutes from my property... well we went out on Thursday 12/6 and I found these. Maybe Scott will post his finds. He found a nice complete point, some broken points and a ton of tools.

Photobucket

We dug for a little while but did not find anything. There is so much on the surface but not much below. The site is so large I am not sure where they are coming from.

Re: Recent Surface Finds

What county you in? Nice surface finds. I'd walk all day with finds like those. All day.

Everybody likes insitus ( especially the finder ) Good finds & report.

I'd be curious if you can find a name for that stubby based one....Top pic, 2nd row up, middle. The few I have seen I dont rate as small bird points but
rather small dart points. Hard to tell from the pic, not a short Darl "fractured base" by some chance ?

I'm not sure where you're finding these surface finds,but have you tried looking on any higher ground nearby...maybe these have washed down. Nice finds!

flintpig
What county you in? Nice surface finds. I'd walk all day with finds like those. All day.

The property is located in Karnes County.

SH
Everybody likes insitus ( especially the finder ) Good finds & report.

I'd be curious if you can find a name for that stubby based one....Top pic, 2nd row up, middle. The few I have seen I dont rate as small bird points but
rather small dart points. Hard to tell from the pic, not a short Darl "fractured base" by some chance ?

The base is fractured... It would have probably looked like the one in the bottom picture that has ears, just a little narrower. I am not good at IDing them so I would have no clue what type it is. However, it is too big to be an arrow point.

I would take more pictures but I am not sure where I put it