Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
JUNO DIG 12-16-12

Second day in flint heaven, pretty much the same crew...

Photobucket

Talk about high prospects,,,Jon H brought a brand new flint " measurer "

Photobucket

Photobucket

Flatbed had a good morning start

Photobucket

One of only 3 Perds found the entire wkend

Photobucket

Picture doesn't do justice to a round scraper found by Larry Not a turtle back, both side fully worked )

Photobucket

Jon had a good morning start too

Photobucket

Mid morning Christmas cookies ( with green icing & midden dirt )

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jon's finds with his centipede for scale ( The Pede must have been terrified at being unearthed...took an hour to uncoil )

Photobucket

Just your run of the mill nice find

Photobucket

After a day and a half of churning skid loader activety, the bull dust looked as nice a snow ( Texas snow ! )

Photobucket

Nice "snow" backround for this beautiful big Almegre ( use boots for scale )

Photobucket

John M came up with this legless lizard

Photobucket

Auto focus does not deal well with head on shots, some Pandale twists were spectacular...

Photobucket

Talk about " one good point can make your whole day "...Jon G came up with an unbroken Bell....in colored flint.

Photobucket

time

Re: JUNO DIG 12-16-12

There was no sit down lunch, most screeners wanted to leave early, right from lunch on. Just 15 minutes ( fast food lunch ) !
Certainly no "end of dig tailgate pics "..Following pics are random, I just walked around and tried to get a record of finds before people left...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is the very last bite of the day...next screeners will pickup from here

Photobucket
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .

Those Val Verde points are going on my wish list! It kinda looks like the Pandales, Nolans and Val Verdes were the po****r finds?

When do we get to see a washed and clean shot of your Ango?

That's one fine mess of flint. The background with all the cactus and brush looks like they're digging in So.Tx.

sandman
It kinda looks like the Pandales, Nolans and Val Verdes were the primary finds?

When do we get to see a washed and clean shot of your Ango?

S, Right on the main types, add Angostura and square basers ( not sure exactly what they may be yet )..as follow up points. Location around the midden rock has a big bearing to where different people were sitting over thousands of yrs. Sometimes 3 to 5 pieces can be found in one bucketload.

Maybe tomorrow on clean flint pic, I was going to do a combined shot to show the prominent type of flint used at this site.

Te, Very observant...and correct...tough country. Not only does All the vegetation have thorns or stickers but it is heavily overgrown into each other to make an impassible barrier. I tried to climb the hill up from the midden site to try for Cell phn reception, couldn't do it.
In the spring it will be interesting to see if the Bluebonnets have thorns

Hope the climate and foliage was better for the ancients thousands of years ago.. or maybe they just used satelite dishes for their

Question would be whether the terrain was that bad back when the Indians lived there or is the brush an invasive spieces brought in later like it is in South Tx? I know they didn't have it easy but trying to scramble around in that brush wearing nothing but moccasins and loin clothes just doesn't appeal to me. Kinda rough on the old bod.