Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BARKSD SCREEN DIG SATURDAY 1-12-13

Here's a memory in the making....
Frontpage said we should leave the last bucket untouched...have lunch and get back to it.... should be better JuJu

SHAZAM .....TWO SWATS OF THE HAND after lunch uncovered a very nice blade..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Frank was finding almost nothing but flint, I delivered this root to his table so he wouldn't feel left out

Photobucket

Root didn't help much, Frank still had a big Perd to go with his Orange.

Photobucket

Frontpage...AGAIN
A very unique reworked Castroville ( ? / ! ), note different angled notches

Photobucket

Photobucket

Start of the end

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's one to watch for the out come. . . . . .
Two Gorgets, found by 2 people from the same bucket load..
They do fit together..broken in antiquity based on aging at the breakline..

It's a well known factoid that when 2 pieces of a point are mached up, he who has the base gets the point...

Whats the on Gorgets ?

Photobucket

That Andice is a freaking heartbreaker, and still a awesome find!!
Looks like Mickey is still rolling!

Looking at the camp going all the way to the edge of the river's bank sure make you think about what has gone down stream. My wife and I have been tubing and swimming (before the drought) in that river for many years and never found much. When a sure enough good rain hits that part of the country above Barksdale and Camp Wood, the river can get bank to bank in a hurry, maybe they don't stop tumblin till they get down close to Uvalde! lol

sandman

Looking at the camp going all the way to the edge of the river's bank sure make you think about what has gone down stream. My wife and I have been tubing and swimming (before the drought) in that river for many years and never found much. When a sure enough good rain hits that part of the country above Barksdale and Camp Wood, the river can get bank to bank in a hurry, maybe they don't stop tumblin till they get down close to Uvalde! lol

PRECISELY MY THOUGHTS ON THE MATTER

Today's edge of river bed is nothing like where it was as little as 500 yrs ago, so where is the last 9,000 yrs ? ....I always say " the Gulf of Mexico " ( just a little past Uvalde )
The "tumble" factor is obvious from looking at the nature of all the rest of the rock in the present river bed...What may have been a great corner tang
might well be a long thin lump of flint by the time it nears Uvalde...round pea sized by the seaside on the gulf